Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miketx
Channel Surfer

AMC app constantly stops....."too many simultaneous streams"

For the past few days, the AMC app on my Roku Streaming Stick + keeps crashing every 2-3 mins, and says "too many simultaneous streams".   I googled that, and it said too many "restarts" of the show, or too many streams (I only have 1 in use).    It's getting really annoying.   I've tried restarting the Roku multiple times...doesn't fix it.

All the other apps (Netflix, Prime, HBO, etc) work fine.    Anyone else run into this problem?    It feels like an app problem, or perhaps my ISP (Spectrum) is throttling that specific app (which would be really weird).

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: AMC app constantly stops....."too many simultaneous streams"

@miketx 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
miketx
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply Danny....I'll give it a shot.   

Mike

0 Kudos
Thebrat13n

That did not work for me concerning this problem. Anyone have any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Thebrat13n

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device then add the channel back? Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.
4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos