Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjwires
Reel Rookie

AMC Plus 'Error Code 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER'

Jump to solution

The AMC Plus channel now returns the following error when trying to play any media: 

Error Code 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER

The first time I encountered this was on 11/18/2021, which was the first time I tried to use the app after receiving the latest Roku OS update. The error has been happening ever since.

My account with AMC Plus is in good standing, and I can view content on every other non-roku device that I have, including the web. I've tried rebooting the TV, signing out and back in to the app, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. The TV is a TCL 65S405.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SlackerPete
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC Plus 'Error Code 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER'

Jump to solution

I finally received a solution from an AMC Plus rep that worked. See below:

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the app. Many users have been able to solve this with a simple change to their Roku settings.

1. Go to the Roku Home Screen (press the Home button)
  2. Go to Settings > Privacy
  3. Un-check “Limit ad tracking”

Then you should be able to go back to our app and continue playing content. Please try this and let us know if you're still having trouble.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
ForAllItsWorth
Channel Surfer

Re: AMC+ Fails to play media on Roku TV after update

Jump to solution

Having the same issue

You having any luck trying to figure out how to fix it?

AMC or Roku dont seem to be much help as they are both blaming the other for the issue

0 Kudos
Jericho
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just signed up with AMC+ and getting the same issue.

Jump to solution

Same issue. TCL55S515. Had AMC+ through Roku last year, canceled it. Just signed back up through AMC's website and I am able to login to the AMC+ app on Roku TV but not stream anything. 

0 Kudos
Mazy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. I’ve done everything I can think of at least three times, and the same error message appears. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Exact same issue here. Was working fine as recently as last week. Have uninstalled, restarted, and reinstalled the app to no avail.

0 Kudos
ForAllItsWorth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just got an email from AMC+ claiming they are aware of the problem and will be fixed within a day or two

If you have any other form of media (phone,computer) amc+ will work on them the issue is because of roku's most recent software update

ad2602

Jump to solution

Not sure if anyone has gotten this to work yet but I downgraded my Roku Ultra from release 10.5 back to 10.0 with the manual update and the same error still appears for any video playback.   Error Code 403_RESOURCE_PROVIDER.    Playback from a web browser works fine but not from AMC+ app on Roku.   

If anyone has gotten this to work by using an older version of the Roku OS,  please let us know.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. Have you tried to follow our playback issue basic troubleshooting step accordingly starting from removing the channel, restarting your device from 
Settings>System>System restart, then once it loads up again, add the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
In addition, please make sure to get the latest AMC + channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 

If you are still having any issues with your AMC+ channel after following these steps, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Carsar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried the steps mentioned above without success.

TCL model 32s3700
Software 10.5.0 build 4201-08

AMC+ version 1.1.14

Amazon Prime Video

Issue tracker for AMC ID 27-423-373 but it took me back to the roku Home Screen to get that ID, so I’m not sure if that was correct (same with Amazon)

Also happening with Amazon Prime Video streaming service. When attempting to stream something, Amazon gives “Something went wrong” error, yet streaming of the show continues in the background, but faded behind the “something went wrong” overlay.

ID for Amazon Prime error is 27-473-381