Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groovythreads
Level 7

AMC NOT COOPERATING

I just paid for AMC premiere, but I can't watch anything. The first commercial plays just fine (of course), but about 30-45 seconds into the movie, it kicks back to home screen. I've tried several different movies, turned off broadband saver, rebooted roku SE, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I want this issue fixed or give me back my money!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AMC NOT COOPERATING

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.
0 Kudos
art33
Level 9

I get this same issue trying to watch Pluto, a free station.  It will go black and eventually return to the main menu.  I do not know why the station is constantly dropping and freezing.  Some other stations play just fine with no drops.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@groovythreads @art33 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
groovythreads
Level 7

Thanks for the help. Apparently, it was having a bad morning. I tried again when I got home and it's working! 😁 

0 Kudos