Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kgboyd
Level 8

AMC+, NBC, and USA apps zooming upon watching shows

Jump to solution

I have AMC+, NBC and USA apps zooming in as soon as as we start watching shows. In the ROKU settings, I have changed the display type from auto detect to 1080 and 720 (only options), checked the system update and system restart multiple times, reset my modem and wifi, even removed my ROKU streaming stick overnight. I have cancelled AMC+ to be able remove the channel as well as removing the other two apps. Added the channels back to the Home menu. Still having the same issues. Checked the other apps we use on a regular basis with no problems. I am using the ROKU Streaming Stick HD which I have been using for two years. The TV is an older model Panasonic which I have had for 8+ years. Any ideas on getting this corrected without having to buy another TV or streaming device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: AMC+, NBC, and USA apps zooming upon watching shows

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

We would first recommend trying removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are still experiencing an issue, please see this thread for more information: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Are-your-channels-appearing-zoomed-during-pla...

To avoid further confusion on this thread, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
CindyK1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  Mine have been in Paramount +.  

0 Kudos
Opal87
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issues with NBC, Bravo app. Looks like a year ago Roku had a same issue with Hulu app . They did some update on a app and got it  resolved.They just need to fix a glitch within the app. 

0 Kudos
Hollymarie9181
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having trouble with the same things but so far I've only noticed it on HBO and discovery plus we changed display settings from automatic to 720p worked for one show then started doing it again. It's frustrating and nobody can give me a way to fix it

0 Kudos
Kgboyd
Level 8

Jump to solution

I talked to Roku support. They suggested changing the stick to a different HDMI port in the TV, changing to a different TV, or doing a factory reset. Have yet to decide which to try first. Will give an update once I have tried the fixes.

0 Kudos
Johnsjunk740
Level 7

Jump to solution

None of that worked. I'm about ready to give up and buy a Firestick.

0 Kudos
kate611
Level 7

AMC app zoomed in

Jump to solution

For a couple of weeks now whenever I try to play something on the AMC app, the video is super zoomed in, sometimes looks to be 2x the normal size. It doesn't happen on any other apps. I tried uninstalling the app, I checked that it was up to date, I tried changing the display type (it was on auto), nothing worked. 

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm having the problem with NBC. I can't follow a program, a face or a lampshade will suddenly fill the screen.

0 Kudos
Kgboyd
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here's a link for 4k TVs. Unfortunately it will not work for mine since it is an older TV. https://support.roku.com/article/115012823268

0 Kudos
Kgboyd
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have now tried changing to a different TV and other HDMI ports on the original TV. Neither have worked. Only option left to is to a factory reset which I'm hesitant to do. 

0 Kudos