Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mizrich
Level 7

AMC+ Audio is not Playing

I only hear crackling sounds on any movies/shows on AMC+.  I tried to remove the channel to reinstall is but "remove channel" is not on the Options screen.  I am paying Roku a monthly fee of $8.99 so it's legit.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: AMC+ Audio is not Playing

You'll need to cancel your Roku Pay-based subscription before the option to remove the app becomes available (you wont lose any remaining time on your sub).

https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Make sure you restart your Roku after removal:  1) Remove app 2) RESTART Roku 3) Reinstall app

If that doesnt work. you might also try changing Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AMC+ Audio is not Playing

@mizrich wrote:

...  I tried to remove the channel to reinstall is but "remove channel" is not on the Options screen.  ...

As @StreamerUser mentioned you can unsubscribe via your online Roku account, but you can also do so from within the user interface on your Roku. 

Highlight the channel in your Roku home page channel grid and press the * key on your Roku remote.  When you are subscribed to a channel through Roku, the "Remove channel" option is replaced with "Manage subscription". 

Click on "Manage subscription" and follow the prompts to unsubscribe.  "Remove channel" then replaces "Manage subscription" and you can remove the channel.

When unsubscribing through either method, your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will not auto-renew at that point. You can resubscribe then if you like.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos