Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertL

AMC Activate code not working

After installing the AMC channel, I go to the sign in which gives me the code to enter in at amc.com/activate. When I enter the code and press "verify", all I get is "Oops! There was a problem logging you in." and there is a link for need help that just gives directions on how to enter the code again, or try again and get the same error.

I have deleted the AMC app, restarted the Roku and reinstalled the app again and keep getting the same error code. There is no option to pick my provider on the page. I am logged into the the AMC on demand webpage using my cox cable login info to get online streaming, but the Roku app will no work.

13 REPLIES 13
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: AMC Activate code not working

There's something screwy going on with AMC channel right now.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/AMC-app-won-t-open/td-p/544065

You should complain to AMC directly.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
murphca7

Same exact situation here. This is really making it hard to watch Better Call Saul!!

Paverbart
Reel Rookie

This was the reply I just got from AMC tech support - looks like its something on their end:

We're sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. Our tech team is aware of this issue and actively working on it. We have added your details to their issue ticket so that they can hopefully get a better understand of what's going wrong and find a solution more quickly.

What is Affected:
Activation codes are temporarily not going through

• Roku
  • Apple TV
  • Android TV
  • Xbox
  • Fire TV

What is Functioning Normally

• Mobile: iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet all work as usual
  • Web:

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We will let you know more as soon as we have more information to share. Thank you for your patience as we try to sort this out.

Thanks,

AMC | Customer Care Team

Rockwaide

Will not accept code when I enter on my computer. Now I have paid for service to get on my television and cannot receive.. need service or refund

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rockwaide 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact AMC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

For billing or related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Reading through these issues ~ I did get my code accepted at amc; however, the channel isn't activating on roku.  It just gives me a new code or I can "sign in" to my account ~ what account?  Roku, att, amc???  Several people say that amc is aware of the problem and one link says to login using:  sign in atwww.amc.com/schedule ~ well that's fine and dandy on a computer but how do I sign in like that on the roku?

0 Kudos

Re: AMC Activate code not workingRsjmfmy

Botei apareceu código pede para ativar não consigo ativar como é que eu faço para ativar amc

@RobertL wrote:

After installing the AMC channel, I go to the sign in which gives me the code to enter in at amc.com/activate. When I enter the code and press "verify", all I get is "Oops! There was a problem logging you in." and there is a link for need help that just gives directions on how to enter the code again, or try again and get the same error.

I have deleted the AMC app, restarted the Roku and reinstalled the app again and keep getting the same error code. There is no option to pick my provider on the page. I am logged into the the AMC on demand webpage using my cox cable login info to get online streaming, but the Roku app will no work.

0 Kudos

Trying to get and working on roku. Code not working

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Linlindamarie56 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channels activation and functionality, you'll want to contact AMC  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos