Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cspiby
Level 7

ALL 4 crashing back to main page

When entering ALL4 and selecting 'My List' the app quits back to the main Roku screen and then gets stuck on the ALL4 splash screen.

I have only noticed this starting happening today.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Grand_Total
Level 7

Re: ALL 4 crashing back to main page

"cspiby" wrote:
When entering ALL4 and selecting 'My List' the app quits back to the main Roku screen and then gets stuck on the ALL4 splash screen.

It doesn't help you much but I'm not seeing any problem like this. 
I do have one thought - are you using an ad blocker? If so, try disabling it. The ad blocker I use for All4 is effective, but it causes that sort of symptom on other channels.
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"cspiby" wrote:

I have only noticed this starting happening today.

This happens from time to time on some channels/apps. It normally happens when apps are either in the process of being updated (before the developer pushes the update out via software updates) or when Roku does a new firmware update and the developers need to update their channels because of glitches and/or compatibility issues with the new firmware. Investigation Go was doing something similar to this over the weekend, the channel would exit and go back to the home screen in the middle of playback or after completing an episode before the next episode in a series could play. They pushed out a software update on Monday that by all accounts fixed the glitch. 
0 Kudos
sidesix
Level 7

I have the same issue. When I go to my list, the app crashes and goes back to the roku home screen. Also, none of the programs I do watch update on my list... I.e. They're stuck at what I watched just about a week or so ago!

I deleted the app, reinstalled but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

"sidesix" wrote:
I have the same issue. When I go to my list, the app crashes and goes back to the roku home screen. Also, none of the programs I do watch update on my list... I.e. They're stuck at what I watched just about a week or so ago!

I deleted the app, reinstalled but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

I have this problem with the ITV app. My solution, because there is no resolution in sight, was to buy a Chromecast. 
0 Kudos
compuphonic
Level 7

I'm having the same issue if I'm logged in the All4 app. 

If I go to the My4, My List menu the app will attempt to populate the screen with my bookmarked shows (without showing the thumbnail photos) then crash.

Usually the next attempt to open the app fails, and never gets beyond the initial logo screen. Home button to close, then reopen the app.

It also fails during the pre show adverts, usually on the final advert just as the show should commence.

App version 4.0 build 42, on Roku software version 8.1.0 build 4145-04
0 Kudos
njd
Level 7

Roku Express constantly goes back to home screen. The same when using Directv and Sling Tv. Its only 3 or 4 weeks old.
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

"compuphonic" wrote:
I'm having the same issue if I'm logged in the All4 app. 

If I go to the My4, My List menu the app will attempt to populate the screen with my bookmarked shows (without showing the thumbnail photos) then crash.

Usually the next attempt to open the app fails, and never gets beyond the initial logo screen. Home button to close, then reopen the app.

It also fails during the pre show adverts, usually on the final advert just as the show should commence.

App version 4.0 build 42, on Roku software version 8.1.0 build 4145-04

I have App version 4.0 build 42 and Roku software 8.1.0 build 4145 on a Roku 3 (4200) and All4 works perfectly (I don't have adverts because I find they spoil my enjoyment of the programs so I block them).
0 Kudos