Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: ALERT - Some channels are currently not accessible

Jump to solution

@GFord wrote:

Thanks, Andy. You were correct. My Roku 2 is 3050x and is not supported by Disney Plus.

Thank you for solving my problem in the absence of any customer support from Roku.

Time to get a new device. The technology has changed, and after awhile, older devices are incompatible There's no backwards compatibility anymore. . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@TheMachine wrote:

Thanks for the info PlutoTv Support, BUT, I just uninstalled PlutoTV then rebooted ROKU 3 and reinstalled PlutoTV with same results, PlutoTV won't load and kicksout to ROKU menu. I'm not alone in this problem, others have same issue. Please try again. Smiley Happy  

It's probably incompatible with your device. Time to get a new device. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I find out who my provider is?   I think I would be find if I could provide the provider's name?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@jKane503 wrote:

How do I find out who my provider is?   I think I would be find if I could provide the provider's name?

The list of providers the channels support is listed on the website of the channels  when you go to link your Roku to that channel. Just go to the website by putting a /roku  then enter the code shown on your TV screen and select from the providers. If you see your provider listed on the website, then that channel is available to stream as a part of your TV subscription. If it isn't then you can't stream that channel as a part of your TV subscription. 

Keep in mind that only applies when you want to link a channel that requires a cable subscription to watch it. Other channels such as Crackle, Tubi, etc.  do not require a cable subscription to watch. So it is not necessary to know who your provider is to watch those channels. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I updated my Roku2 xs, then shut down device and went back through settings and sign in process. I added Disney plus and it says it is installed, but it is not showing up on my list Channels so I cannot uninstall and reinstall this channel ( or at least I cannot figure out a way). 
Any ideas????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

@VRW wrote:

I updated my Roku2 xs, then shut down device and went back through settings and sign in process. I added Disney plus and it says it is installed, but it is not showing up on my list Channels so I cannot uninstall and reinstall this channel ( or at least I cannot figure out a way). 
Any ideas????

what it means is, the channel is now in your account list but your Roku isn't compatible with that channel. this is why it is always best to install from the Roku itself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@VRW 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS is a much older device. It's possible that the channels you are trying to access no longer support the device.

However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just bought the ONN Roku TV set up my Roku account and wanted to add amazon prime, Disney+ and DS video by synology (all these channels were confirmed to be available on the Roku channel store before I bought the tv. 
I updated my settings based on your post however I still cannot find the above channels and there is no search function on the Roku tv remote or on the Roku website to add it to my account that way. Its really frustrating. Any advice on how to find these (I already went to streaming channels and manually looked through all the categories) I appreciate your insight. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Are you located in the U.S.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Updating changed nothing. I still do not have the app on my roku channel offerings

0 Kudos