Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ALERT - Some channels are currently not accessible

Jump to solution

Hello - my roku is up to date, but my nature vision annual subscription that expires 4/25/21 is not being recognized. It’s asking me to upgrade.  When I go to naturevision website it appears to have an expired certificate.  I renewed my subscription thru roku a couple months ago, now today I have the issue. What should I do?  There is no option to remove the channel and reinstall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have done all of that & none of this works. Hulu works fine on all my other devices. This is a problem with Roku & their app in their device. Many, many other people are having this problem. Many are new customers & this is no way for Roku to develope business. This problem has been going on for months & Roku has left their customers in the lurch. There is no customer service option to reach by phone anymore. They don't respond on their web site. There is no chat option. By now, most companies have developed workarounds for Covid, having customer service reps., tech & developers working at home. Roku has offered none of this. I even tried the twitter site with no success.  They haven't even put out a notice on their web site that they are aware of this problem & working on it. I bought Roku to connect to Hulu as one of my tv's stopped supporting the Hulu access. Hulu works fine on everything else & Roku does not do the job it is designed for. I am also seeing problems Roku is having with UTube customers so I see that this seems to be a pattern of incompetency with Roku. I have never seen a company so unresponsive & so flawed as Roku. I am returning my boxes for a refund & will buy Amazon Sticks. I will never buy any Roku product every again.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do you mean if we are having trouble with NBC News, we need to contact NBC News???? is there a key word to use so they/we know we are asking about ROKU????? this just seems like a really vague suggestion!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide clarification since this thread got a bit jumbled with posts that weren't relevant to the OP.

If you are currently having an issue with a channel, we would always recommend to first try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, we would then recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

I feel like I am getting the run around.  I have followed instructions on Roku and Youtube Tv sites, still no YouTubeTV app (starts to load, then bombs back to Roku menu) Roku sends me to YouTubeTV, YouTubeTV sends me back. I guess I am just another poor insignificant consumer caught between two companies that don't seem to care.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

how do we "Chat" with a Roku rep?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

From my TV I search the channel store for Disney plus and the only results are Disney Now and Disney Style. No results for Disney Plus. So I login to my roku account online and voila! I am able to add the channel to my account. But it's still not showing up on the TV. I have restarted the system and checked for updates. Disney's website says they support my device. Roku 2.

So the only way to get it on my TV right now is using an hdmi cable to my computer. But I don't want the kids touching my computer bc I've seen how they treat their iPads. So the kids can only watch Disney with me. Not ideal.

Yes, I'm in the U.S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

There are multiple Roku 2 models. I don't know how detailed the Disney list is, but it should hopefully list actual model numbers in addition to the names. You can find the model number in one of the Settings menus if it's not on the Roku itself somewhere.

The "Roku 2" models are:

2011: 3000 (HD), 3050 (XD), 3100 (XS)

2013: 2720

2015: 4210.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Andy. You were correct. My Roku 2 is 3050x and is not supported by Disney Plus.

Thank you for solving my problem in the absence of any customer support from Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Don't Roku and Spotify actually communicate with each other to resolve the problem of unsuccessful pairing it's in both their commercial interests to do so

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Spotify is now pairing successfully,there was clearly a problem that has been fixed. Unfortunately the company did not keep the customers informed 

0 Kudos