Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: ALERT - Some channels are currently not accessible

Jump to solution

It's not clear what you're trying to do.  First of all, are you located in the U.S.?  That "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." message sounds like what you get when you add a channel via a code using the Roku website.  Is that what you're doing?  With strange channel problems the first thing to try is to remove the channel (press * on your remote when the channel is highlighted on the home screen; select remove), then restart your Roku (from Settings->System->System restart - DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!) and then readd it from the Channel Store or Streaming Channels or whatever stupid phrase Roku is using these days.  Then see if it asks you to login when you start the channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

What happened with the expired certificate is just a sign of things to come. At least Roku still supported affected devices and offered an update. There are several certificates expiring over the next few years, and many devices may stop working because they are no longer supported by their companies, assuming they are even still in business. Great story about it here:

https://www.theregister.com/2020/06/10/iot_trouble_root_certificates_expire/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide clarification since this thread got a bit jumbled with posts that weren't relevant to the OP.

If you are currently having an issue with a channel, we would always recommend to first try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, we would then recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

its still available IF you have a roku device not tied to an account - watching on a roku express+ at a friends right now - the cannonball run

channel has a generic mountain background as icon now

also amazon firestick still has channel too

i guess a way for those in the now to watch it - but reg people cant

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone for your help!  I am located in the US and, yes, I did try to enter the code on Roku's website.  I'll try removing the app that way and loading it again.  I deleted and added it back before but not with the system restart.

Danny, I have to disagree with you that these posts are jumbled.  All of us had problems with channels that we didn't before the most recent update.  However, there would be no need for this form at all if customer service were more accessable.

As a Roku employee, Danny, maybe you can answer my other question.  What is Roku's customer service number for the US?  I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.  I would prefer to address my questions directly to Roku a employee rather than on a forum like this.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Recently, SmartersPlayer app has been removed and cannot be added to roku. Why has that option changed? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Twob1ask1 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about channels being removed, visit our Support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Shudder doesn't work as of today..probably going to cancel due to no support from Shudder or Roku..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

After completing these suggested fixes. I need to report it happens on every channel. This points to a ROKU issue. If it was only a one channel that it happened on it would make since to reach out to that channels support team.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just got an email from Shudder and Roku..took about 12-14 hours..emails are asking me to do all the things I've already done..so I did them again and STILL Shudder doesn't work..also if people in support don't already know...you can't remove and re add a channel you paid for through Roku..they really should know that right? Why they ask you to do that when it can't be done shows lack of knowledge and an unorganized company..losing my business by the minute..I'm just about done with Roku AND Shudder

0 Kudos