Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

ALERT - Some channels are currently not accessible

Jump to solution
Due to a global technical certificate expiration, select streaming channels on the Roku platform that rely on this certificate chain may not be working as expected. Please install a manual software update from Roku now. To update your software:

1. On your Roku player go to Settings
  2. Select System
  3. Select System Update
  4. Select Check Now
View this support page for more help to update your software manually. (FAQ)
This update applies to all current-generation Roku players, Roku TVs and Roku Smart Soundbar. We are sorry for any disruption this may cause. We know TV time is important especially while we are all at home. Thank you. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ALERT - Some channels are currently not accessible

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide clarification since this thread got a bit jumbled with posts that weren't relevant to the OP.

If you are currently having an issue with a channel, we would always recommend to first try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, we would then recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

67 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

One of my Roku's updated - no change in CNN.  Cannot view live stream as video is scrambled.  My new TCL Roku TV does not even have an update available.  Last update was in March 2020.  So what do we do?  I have a TV that I can't use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I still see no update when I check for system updates on my device. What is the status of the update?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku's. One updated on 5-30 and the other did not (it has an available update). The one that updated screwed up my ability to use certain channels. I know it was the update that caused the problem because a) it worked fine before the update, and b) the one that did not update still works fine. What can be done about this problem?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information this worked 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Between the ssl Kanopy problem and HBO Max problem it seems like ROKU does not give a **bleep** about its users especially ones like me who have invested big bucks in a ROKU TV and cannot just change to Apple TV or other services. Thanks a lot ROKU.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Sorry I didn't know **bleep** was a bad word. I should have said ROKU doesn't care about its users not having Kanopy or HBO MAX. Especially those who have invested big bucks in a ROKU TV and can't change to other services like APPLE.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No Kanopy. It will NOT let me update to 9.3. Says 9.2 and says not updates available. And we are still shelter in place.

I deleted app and reloaded. No joy. Then the screen freezes and won't let me exit. Its a mess. Whats going on and when will this be fixed? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have a brand new TV with Roku installed I dont know about any other channels but one that I use to watch religious meetings locally It was saying the page could not be loaded and try to restart that channel I did that several times I then came here and saw the above notice about "global recertification bla bla"  I did do the suggested steps as stated but this device is brand new and so I knew it probably wasnt an "update" issue I say give it a few days and see what happens but Im thinking and this is just an opinion since so many are now using Roku for one reason or another no more cable pandemic more people at home and its global I smell MONEY problems I mean if these certificaes are not being renewed for whatever reason HAS to be about money...what else is new right?  As for my particular channel Im thinking its a goner but we will see Timing may be the key just gonna keep trying to see if it comes back on In the  meantime I hope the website "updates" their information for the millions of customers that are now relying on Roku after getting rid of their commie cable ...sheesh cant win for losing Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I checked this morning and one of my devices had an update available that solved  the problem, but my other device did not. The device with a USB stick worked, the television with the built-in Roku did not have an update available so still does not work.

0 Kudos