Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drjohn68
Level 7

ABC live streaming not working on Roku but still works on computer

Jump to solution

Called my tv provider and their tech support said that it's a roku issue.  I'm able to watch live stream on my computer but not on roku devices. I have re authenticated several times and rebooted/updated my roku device to no avail.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ABC live streaming not working on Roku but still works on computer

Jump to solution

@drjohn68

Thanks for the update.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ABC support here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025250811-How-do-I-contact-ABC-Customer-Service-

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @drjohn68,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue. 
Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
drjohn68
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the cable company tech come to the house.  Troubleshot  everything.  ABC live works on computer and cell phone.  The tech said that we should try using a fire stick to see if it would run ABC Live.  Since we didn't have it, he said that he would try both Roku and Fire stick at his house.  He texted next morning that he had same issue with Roku not authenticating, and worked fine with Fire stick.  So, it appears to be a Roku issue.  I tried removing the ABC app, unplug the tv, reinstall the app, authorize ABC and still no fix to watching live ABC!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@drjohn68

Thanks for the update.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ABC support here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025250811-How-do-I-contact-ABC-Customer-Service-

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos