Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markng
Level 7

ABC channel losing audio?

I want to report this issue: Videos will lose audio during commercials on the abc channel. Normally it happens with their own commercials, normally around the 3rd or 4th commercial break, and you'll have to stop and resume the playback to get audio back - video will keep playing just fine though... it has only started happening the last month, other channels (e.g. netflix, youtube) all play fine.

Is there anybody who can help diag for me? I am kind of surprised that I am the only one experiencing this (I searched but dont see this issue in the forum). I know I am still using an old stick, but I can't be the only one right?

Roku: Stick (3500x)
Software version: 7.7.0 build 4149-09
Channel: abc 
Channel Version: 1.8 build 0
Issue: Loses audio during commercial (an abc commercial comes on with no audio, then everything after, including commercials and the video itself, has no audio), have to stop the play back then resume to regain audio
Steps to repro: 
  1. Install abc channel
  2. Play an episode of Shark Tank
  3. After a few commercial breaks, it will no longer play audio (video's fine)
Frequency: Normally happens at the 3rd or later commercial break with abc' commercials , happen for all the shows I've tried every time
Connect type: Running on wireless, no problem with playback for other channels (netflix, youtube, etc), Roku reports signal strength Good
Resolution: 1080
0 Kudos
58 Replies
swampfoxnc
Level 7

Re: ABC channel losing audio?

I have the same problem. I posted about that a little while ago but figure it might carry more weight if I post it with another poster. Mine is an old Roku SD wireless connection. It will occasionally say no connection but then when we test it says everything is fine. Mine started this season in October like he described, at the end of the commercials it will go silent, and then the program will be silent. You then have to go back to the beginning and hit resume and hopefully you wont miss too much.  I have tried uninstalling the channel and reinstalling the channel. I even put new batteries in and oddly enough that seemed to help for a couple of days. Whether that was a coincidence or not I do not know. HDMI output to the tv. I am debating whether to get a new box or not just because of the frustration of this plus sometimes the box is slow to respond to play button after I hit FF or reverse.
Wes 
0 Kudos
Whatah
Level 7

I'm having this same issue, has there been a fix or response?? It's annoying, I miss a lot of the show and waste a lot of time trying to get sound after the first commercial break.
0 Kudos
baylorgal
Level 7

I, too, am experiencing this same problem.  Also it will skip from about the 2nd commercial to the 6th one and all sound will be gone.  I have to wait until the last commercial is over and the next segment of the show is well underway before I can resume the show with sound.  Odd thing is, I also have a Playstation Vue subscription that I use through my Roku and ABC is also on it.  No problems with the sound on it, although the program guide is a bit clunkier.  My Roku 3600X is fairly new.
0 Kudos
crazygravy
Level 7

It's not happening just on ABC but NBC too. About the 3rd commercial audio goes out
0 Kudos
Teambowie
Level 7

I’m experiencing the same problem. The audio drops during the last commercial which is usually for a ABC show. To proceed, when the show returns (without audio), I rewind it by one tap to take it to right before the commercials break. This usually adds 15-20 during each break. Has anyone found a solution?
0 Kudos
mikec21229
Level 7

I have the same problem with this app.  It's unfortunate that ABC couldn't have done a higher quality job on this app.
0 Kudos
Pwpky
Level 7

I’m having same problem. It’s very annoying. I’ve removed channel and downloaded again. That didn’t help. I can’t find a fix.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Pwpky" wrote:
I’m having same problem. It’s very annoying. I’ve removed channel and downloaded again. That didn’t help. I can’t find a fix.

I don't use this channel, so can't say if it's still a problem. But when you remove a channel, you have to completely reboot the Roku before attempting to install it again. If you only removed and immediately reinstalled, yo didn't change anything. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Shummie
Level 7

Same problem here, I will try to remove the channel and reboot.
0 Kudos