Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ABC app wants me to sign in every time I try to watch it.

I thought abc app was free but every time I try to watch abc it wants me to sign in to my tv provider. That’s why I have Roku I do not have a tv provider.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Why can we subscribe to abc and not be able to watch it?

Hello All,

I am trying to cut cable.. well I have already and trying to figure out why Roku keeps letting me view 1 show from Abc and other networks then I get cutt off? I get this **bleep** message you need a subscription to a cable or satelight network!?!I thought the whole point of going with roku was to get rid of stuff like that? Pay for what you want?  On the roku website it says that abc is installed, then it says I need cable to watch it? its totally...effed up and beats the whole point of having roku!

Can someone explain why the **bleep** they would tease you with 1 episode and then jerk it away like that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ABC app wants me to sign in every time I try to watch it.

@Mamaw65f @Aluviel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that some channels require a TV or cable subscription to view content available on their channel. ABC is a free channel that will allow you to access certain content without a TV or cable subscription, however for complete access of all the content available on ABC, you will need to sign in with a TV provider.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ABC app wants me to sign in every time I try to watch it.

Thank you Dan. Now that we are used to the roku and got ABC to act right, we are super happy with roku. we get More channel than e ever did with cable. At least shows we are interested in watching. Time warner took off the chiller channel ten years ago then jacked up the price.. year after year they have done this and even as spectrum... We now have 6 military channels and the history channel too! 

0 Kudos