Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ABC and tv provider

I use roku over the internet to get tv. When I want to view ABC I have to sign in and select a provider. Because I access roku over the internet I do not have a service provider. So is there another way to get ABC live stream or am I out of luck.     

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: tv provider

That "tv provider" service doesn't have to be a bloated cable or satellite service. There are several you can subscribe to and run on a Roku that may provide local channels and may carry the station you are interested in. Ones that come to mind to check out for any particular channel would include YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling, fubotv, and AT&T NOW -- there may be others.

Savings in cord cutting usually come from picking and choosing which of the lesser offerings you wish to pay for instead of paying for full blown cable or satellite services with scores of channels you never watch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos