Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC Channel is not working

Jump to solution

It has to be the worst channel app on roku.   It loses connection every 20-40 min.    I've written to them, they said they'd send it to the technical team.  three years later it's still horrible.  I post to the ABC Network's twitter page every time it goes out.  Sometimes I have 30 posts in one day to their twitter page.  They don't answer, they do nothing.   I pay for ABC thru my tv subscription.  I have Optimum Broadcast Basic so it costs me $25/month.  (remember when 100 channels used to cost $25/month?).  I am constantly getting the "Player Error.  There appears to be a problem with playing this video.  Please contact us through the Help section in the ABC app".  Code: 025-2501-103.    I have 200 speed internet (prob. 100-150 tho).  Roku is connected to the 5ghz band and the router is six feet from the tv.  It's a Roku Streaming stick that is 4-5 years old.     I am using the roku app, why?  Because ABC isn't coming in on my cable tv..   THE ONLY CHANNEL.  Hasn't for more than six months.   That's prob my cable company tho.   And they suck too.  I really cant' wait until all this technology collapses and we go back to life before technology.  Don't get me wrong... I LOVE technology.  I"m a tech geek.   It's just a PITA because it gets bigger and bigger and what goes up must come down.    Sorry for the tangent rant. lol.  

Does anyone have the same problem with ABC channel?   I'm seriously considering writing to the FCC, Attorney General and BBB because I'm paying for this and they never fixed anything.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atMjJ91tM9Q

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
twiceover
Roku Guru

Re: ABC Channel is horrible

Jump to solution
"Learyaaa" wrote:
The ABC app works fine on the Fire Stick.  I have not found a fix for the app on Roku, but the error happens everyday.
Very annoying!!      Roku needs to get a fix for this.

Roku didn't develop the app.  You'd want to talk to ABC.

View solution in original post

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

If you encounter an error message that only occurs in a specific streaming channel, and other channels do not experience this issue, you will need to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue with their channel (app) on the Roku platform, and request additional assistance. They'll be able to best assist you with any issues that occur only within their channel. ABC support is located here: https://abc.go.com/faq

Thanks,

Tanner

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: ABC channel not working

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. We're working with ABC to help get this issue resolved in their channel. Once they have an update available, you'll want to check for a system update to update the channel on your Roku device.

We'd recommend continuing to stay in touch with ABC for any further status updates regarding the availability of a channel update. 

Thanks,

Tanner

58 REPLIES 58
regnad_kcin
Visitor

Jump to solution
I am having the same issues. This is the only Roku App that routinely shows the "Player Error Message" or "Internet Connection" problem. Unfortunately, in my area (S. Jersey), getting the local ABC Affiliate Over the Air via antenna is hit or miss so I usually rely on the app.
Just heard of the locast app and am giving that a try.
Learyaaa
Visitor

Jump to solution
The ABC app works fine on the Fire Stick.  I have not found a fix for the app on Roku, but the error happens everyday.
twiceover
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
"Learyaaa" wrote:

Roku didn't develop the app.  You'd want to talk to ABC.
jg1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Yes roku is the problem because I can watch ABC on spectrum thru roku have no problem . I can also watch it with Amazon unit thur app ABC and no problem. Today roku on ABC now give error of code 013-0700-600 while watching a eposoid Good Doctor . THE USUAL error thur out the movie.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

If you encounter an error message that only occurs in a specific streaming channel, and other channels do not experience this issue, you will need to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue with their channel (app) on the Roku platform, and request additional assistance. They'll be able to best assist you with any issues that occur only within their channel. ABC support is located here: https://abc.go.com/faq

Thanks,

Tanner

phoyt

ABC channel not working

Jump to solution
A few days ago Abc stopping working. It starts to come on the blacks out and goes back to the main menu. I’ve rebooted, unplugged, updated and still nothing. I have 2 different TVs and 2 kinds of Roku neither work
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes I have the issue also.

Go Here. 

It wont even allow you to activate the account.

Usually these problems iron themselves out in a few.

Please do tell ABC though through the link provided.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
lb48
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm still having the same issue.  I've reported it here, to Roku thru the app feedback feature and to ABC.  This has been going on for almost a week (at least since I noticed it).  Seems like someone would care enough to either fix it or respond that they are aware and trying to fix it.

mikkisbta

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue. Last night and this morning.