Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crimeshowjunkie
Level 7

A&E won't stream live

My A&e app won't stream live tv anymore. Does anyone know how to fix it? Ive logged out, removed the channel, unplugged it and did that all over again.. still not working 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: A&E won't stream live

A&E requires a cable/satellite/etc paid subscription in order to stream it to a streaming device like a Roku.

Cable-type channels want to be paid. When you have a paid subscription to a provider service that carries these channels, they receive their pay out of the subscription fees you pay that provider. When you don't have a subscription to such a provider you are not paying for those channels.

Many cable-type channels like A&E only make their programming available for streaming to those paying for them through a provider as mentioned above. That service doesn't have to be a bloated cable or satellite service however. There are several you can subscribe to and run on a Roku that may carry the channels you are interested in. Ones that come to mind to to investigate for any particular channel would include YouTube TV, Hulu plus Live TV, Sling, and AT&T NOW -- there may be others.

There are several places on the net where you can look up which providers carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

Savings in cord cutting usually come from picking and choosing which of the offerings you wish to pay for instead of paying for full blown cable or satellite services with scores of channels you never watch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Crimeshowjunkie
Level 7

Re: A&E won't stream live

I should have mentioned this from the beginning.. I do have xfinity in my family Room but this just started Thursday night and is happening on both tvs when I try and watch any Live TV on A&E. NBC has made me log in with a code & select Xfinity..  but also wants to send a code to my cell phone now.

Are they doing what I read about Netflix? And trying to stop families that don't all live under the same roof from sharing accounts? I read thats happening soon with Netflix. Which will suck for my niece who's got a degree from Temple and starting Drexel in the Fall. She's got her CNA and is going to school 4 more years to be a nurse with an RN. Already works almost full time and uses my logins to watch TV on her IPad or laptop when she has a little down time. I think its kinda ridiculous to be that tight with accounts.. but that's just my opinion.

Thank you so much for your help. Let me know if you hear anything about A&E or the other apps cracking down.. or can think of how to fix this problem. I'm hoping it'll fix itself in a few days, lol! First 48 won't have new episodes for a while.. but I watch the reruns they live stream all day Thursday! Lol

0 Kudos