Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A&E App wont load

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with mine on A&E it kicks me off. I’ve tried rebooting, Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Nothing works. Help please!! 

0 Kudos
brit1227

A&E app keeps crashing

Jump to solution

When I open the A&E app on my Roku TV, I’m signed in & I can watch episodes just fine. But when I try to watch live TV, the app crashes every time. I’ve deleted the app, reinstalled, logged in again, but nothing seems to work. 

mlherb

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

This keeps happening to me too.

I’ve been watching live tv from the A&E app since 8pm (it is now 10) and at the top of every hour it crashes back to the home screen and I cannot access live tv again until about 30 mins pass.

Everything is up to date and I have tried the system restart option and to no avail. It’s extremely frustrating when you’re trying to watch a 3 hour program and end up missing a total of an hour because Roku keeps booting you off. Extremely frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: A&E app keeps crashing

Jump to solution

@brit1227 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact A&E support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach A&E support here: https://aetn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Erikag03
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! It’s driving me crazy! Live tv was working for an hour and now it kicked off. Mid LivePD! The most frustrating thing ever! 

0 Kudos
vincent1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I still have trouble getting live streaming to work on A&E, however here are a couple of things that appear to help,

1.  Sometimes I can get the A&E app to load on my ROKU, but cannot go straight to a LIVE Streaming without crashing out.
  2. It lets me relaunch the app again to the A&E page. but will crash out again if I try to go to Live Stream again.
  3. However, I have found that if I play some (1 minute or two) of one of the pre-recorded episodes, which work fine, then exit all the way out to Roku and reenter A&E app it will let me live stream.
  4. Sometimes, I load/log in early (before Live PD starts) and it will let me live stream more easily.  You just watch the last 20 minutes of the previous show and it seg-way into LIVE PD seamlessly.
  5. Other times, if you are persistent, and try again after a few minutes (5-10) and again.... you can sometimes get back in successfully.

Good Luck!

Vincent

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Me either!

0 Kudos
fpembleton
Channel Surfer

Re: A&E App video runs slow

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra with fiber 1GB broadband service. A & E video has something messed up with their content. It freezes sometimes and when the commercials startup it makes a screeching noise. Don't have problems with any other apps.

0 Kudos
Cowboy69

Jump to solution

My roku tv rca won't even found the A&E app

Sucks!!!

0 Kudos
Nathan0774

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue. Not only A&E but all of the different apps made by A&E... i.e. History, etc... 

0 Kudos