Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattF68
Binge Watcher

Re: A&E App wont load

Jump to solution

I was just browsing A&E's Twitter feed and saw someone on there complaining about this problem. They were advised to email watchapps@aenetworks.com about the issue.

Matt

0 Kudos
MattF68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Actually, sending an email to that address just opens a support ticket at the previously referenced zendesk system. No need to do both (like I did). Sorry for the spam.

Matt

0 Kudos
vincent1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ROKU A&E app.  

It is no coincidence that this "outage" occurs only on the days that Live PD  would live-stream and is miraculously cured on Sunday through Thursday.

It is difficult to believe that the A&E server is not capable of delivering the signal to all platforms equally.

Perhaps this is to encourage frustrated ROKU app viewers to subscribe to some of the new broadcast streaming partners that A&E has engaged such as Hulu and Sling TV, from which they will get revenue.

The A&E PC link/app and Iphone/app work fine at all times, but only allow replay of episodes that have been uploaded.

Maybe A&E host Dan Abrams would like to hear from twitter verse that the ROKU Live PD nation is being locked out of live streaming Live PD.

0 Kudos
lmh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
No, thank you for the email! That's much easier lol. I have a feeling we might need it again.

Mine is working again! I have Live PD from last Friday and will see how live streaming goes tonight.

I like the idea of roku requiring good contact info from app developers. It would be great to go to the app store or whatever it's called and with the app info, find an email address.
0 Kudos
Zeta20
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Upon reading the latest post this morning, I decided to try and see if I too now had access to the A&E app.  

I can confirm on model 3500X I now have access as of 11/17 10:45 am. This includes live streaming. So, some developer must have figured it out and I thank them.   I suggest the others in this forum also try today and see if they too can gain access. 

I also want to point out that I am unsure about that email provided as a good contact. I know yesterday I went directly to the A&E contact page and sent my inquiry and they opened a tickets.  Perhaps the group effort of concern propmted them.  This is the link/website I believe I used:  https://aetn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=129658. 

This came from: https://aetn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.  Then, clicking the "Watch Apps". Then, clicking first question asking where you can get A&E app. Then clicking submit request. It pulled up a form to fill out. This was  the first link I posted above.  They responded immediately. 

But I would agree that ROKU should be the central contact. They should maintain the developers app contacts. Roku should just have a form that Roku customers fill out. Upon receiving so many inquiries that alone should trigger them to forward the info to the developer. Making individual consumers contact the app developers directly seems counter productive since their are so many devices that accomodate their app.. They need to know it's a Roku app.  Anyway, I just wanted to update my response in the event this happens again I would be able to locate how I went about it. Thanks.

ekb

Jump to solution

subscribed like they asked to do through the website and loads a bit then kicks back

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ekb 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MattF68
Binge Watcher

A&E and History crashing again

Jump to solution

Sometime in the past couple of weeks, I've started having problems with both the A&E and History apps. There are a number of shows that will start, play anywhere from several seconds to a couple of minutes, and then the app crashes to the home screen. This is on a Roku 2 (4210 series)

Anyone else having this problem? I've opened a support ticket with A&E.

StJimmy
Reel Rookie

Re: A&E and History crashing again

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with the history channel. I deleted the channel, restarted via settings, reinstalled and I’m still having issues (I did this twice). When I try to play an episode, it kicks me right out.

kdwiseman

Jump to solution

Same issue on a 3810X. Deleted the app, restarted the Roku, reinstalled the app, app still doesn't load. @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos