Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincent1
Channel Surfer

Re: A&E App wont load

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem for the second Friday in a row!

A&E app on ROKU will not launch!!

Worked earlier in the week.

Missing Live PD for the second weekend in a row!

0 Kudos
Lilbbyg1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Same here!!! Unreal!
0 Kudos
131klt

Jump to solution

Ours too! 2nd weekend w/o Live PD!  😞  

0 Kudos
Yovwmon

Jump to solution

Same **bleep** problem!  It not working on Friday & Saturday when Live PD is broadcasting.  Didn’t work for me last Friday & Saturday, I tried on Sunday worked fine, trying again right now NOT WORKING!  This is complete BS!  

0 Kudos
rj32771
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here in Florida

0 Kudos
lmh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Same. Did they upload content again Friday?

Tanner, I appreciate your position, I really do, but apps on phones and TVs are bad comparisons. Phones are...phones. And have browsers and email. You can go to the App Store and click a link to the developer's site. Usually the app has some kind of support or help menu.

Edit: the link to A+E's helpdesk is https://aetn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. I've gotten a response from here before, but it was a weekday, I don't know if they're there on weekends or not
0 Kudos
MattF68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, they are the same in that Roku is not responsible for a bad app update. That said, IMO, Roku should require app developers to provide contact information for users to get help. Going through A&E is going to be a roll of the dice. They have, almost certainly, contracted with someone to develop the app, so it will be interesting to see how much traction we get by going through them. They should be responsive. It is their brand name on the line at the end of the day, but we all know that large companies don't always do what they should. FWIW, I have submitted my issue to that zendesk link above.

Back to the actual problem...My experience had a slightly different twist. After the 10/24 update, we could get into the app, but when trying to watch an episode of First 48, the program would stream for about 30-90 seconds and then crash out to the home screen. I decided to try it again today (11/16), and now I have the same experience as everyone else...the app won't start at all.

This is on a Roku 2 4210X.

0 Kudos
hathahouse

Jump to solution
Same on my TCL Roku. Started sometime last week and no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the app it still just shows the loading screen with the spinning loading sign and then after a few seconds kicks me back out to the home screen 😞
0 Kudos
Zeta20
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Had the same problem on ROKU models 2710x, 3500x and 3900x.   Worked fine 2+ weeks ago. Newest update ruined it.  The timing of the launch of Disney+ makes me suspicious since A&E along with a bunch of other channels (ABC, FXnow, National GEO) are part of DISNEY and they too stopped working except on my latest model.  I am just disgusted.  I have an older tv and the 2710x is hooked up to it. Developers need to find a fix soon.

0 Kudos
MattF68
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if it's working on any of the latest Roku models? I'm wondering if the latest app update is trying to use some feature or capability that is not available on older models (like mine).

Matt

0 Kudos