Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knighttripper71
Channel Surfer

Re: A&E App wont load

Jump to solution
You may be right...
Last night was the first time I tried to use it in over 2 weeks.
So could be a server problem on there end or something that just started messing up.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Yup its not working. I watch it through Sling and of course that is working fine.

Its not Roku its Channel related. So you gotta deal with A&E directly.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Start-Here-To-Troubleshoot-Channel-Issues/m-p...

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
shellyvr
Reel Rookie
A&E app opening today for me
0 Kudos
lmh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue on a Premiere and Ultra. Uninstalled app, system restart, reinstall, launch. Tried with an extra system restart thrown in there after the reinstall and before launch just for kicks, all that got me was a splash screen with a spinning icon multiplied across 8 frames instead of just one.

Reported the issue from the Roku, and dug around the A&E site until I finally found their zendesk and sent in a ticket reporting it there. Disappointed it comes to that, the end user being told to just contact the network. Seems like Roku, as the platform, should have a developer liaison or something doing the communicating, not shrugging and saying 'dunno, contact the network.'

My boxes updated on the 2nd and worked until the 8th. A couple new episodes of Live PD went up on Friday, I don't know about anything else. But it seems like my app worked until they published new content. Weird.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

yup

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out to report the issue you're experiencing with those channels. Each channel (app) is built maintained by the channel provider directly. If you're running into an issue with a particular channel, and other channels are working correctly, this is usually an indication that the specific channel you're trying to use is encountering an issue that will require the attention of the channel provider/developer. In this case, you'd want to reach out directly to the channel provider to report the issue, and request additional support. This would be the same scenario as if an app on your mobile phone was experiencing an issue. You'd need to reach out to the app developer to report the problem and request additional help to resolve it, and not necessarily your phone's manufacturer. 

We're happy to help pass the feedback along, but ultimately in most cases, each channel provider will need to investigate and resolve the issue directly. I'll make sure these reports are shared with them. Please continue to follow up with the channel provider directly for additional support and updates.  

Thanks again,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Knighttripper71
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I went to A&E networks website and sent in an email. But not sure if I sent to the right department or not. As I have not gotten a response yet. That was like 3 days ago.
0 Kudos
Knighttripper71
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
UPDATE 11/11/2019
Just checked A&E channel is working again.
0 Kudos
Lilbbyg1
Reel Rookie

Thank you Tanner - I did report to the A&E service provider as others had suggested. My APP is now working as of today. Not sure if it was the reporting to them as I did not get a response 🙂 but all in all it is working 🙂

0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

Looks like it's down again. Same symptoms as last week.