Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

8-270 err on Premiere for Sling only. No problem on Express. Netflix and Prime work well on both.

Consistently and for days, get error 8-270 on Roku Premiere for Sling. Roku Express works fine. Both tried with same TV, power cord and HDMI cable. Netflix and Prime work on both all the time.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Sling issue..live tv not working

On my Roku device when I try to watch live tv I get error message  "content temporarily  inaccessible.  Please restart this app. Please try another device  and retry  this device  in 24 hours. Error 8-270

Can access on demand content,  just not live tv on roku 

Anyone else having this issue

Sling is working fine on android device  and firestick in all aspects 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 8-270 err on Premiere for Sling only. No problem on Express. Netflix and Prime work well on both

Sling TV option has not worked for the past three (3) days.  All other channel selections (Netflix, Hulu) work with no issue.  Can someone please offer a solution to this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 8-270 err on Premiere for Sling only. No problem on Express. Netflix and Prime work well on both

Don't understand. I see a restatement of the issue but not a resolution.  Even this restatement is not quite accurate.  Sling works fine on Express but does not work on Premiere. What am I missing?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LarryPgh @kisdenatk 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Sling directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Sling channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.sling.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

It's not a SlingTV issue, it's a Roku issue and Roku needs to step up and fix this. Something has gone wrong/bad/defective on the Roku device. Uninstalling/reinstalling Sling fixes the issue temporarily until you exit Sling and open it back up and then it errors. Per SlingTV, this is a "Roku specifc error" meaning Roku has caused it and needs to fix it. I hate to do it but I'm going to have to trash my Roku device and go with Apple.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@0csgrant0 

Thanks or the post.

Here's a link to Sling support page regarding that error here.

I'd recommend reaching out to SlingTV directly to report the issue and request additional support. 

You can reach them here: https://help.sling.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for replying.  SlingTV refers me back to Roku for a solution. They state that there isn't an issue with their application and that the issue is with the Roku.

0 Kudos