Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

5.1 Netflix Audio on Headphone Jack does not work

Having an issue with Netflix and using the headphone jack for personal listening.  Every Netflix movie or show that shows as having 5.1 Audio does not work on the included JBL headphones or any headphones for that matter.  Netflix programs or shows that do not show as using 5.1 audio works fine with any headphones in the personal headphone jack.

Wondering why this issue only occurs on Netflix?

I have Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, ESPN+, and Starz (paid subscriptions) and none of them have this issue.  Here is a link to the exact model TV I own https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-70-Class-V-Series-4K-Ultra-HD-2160P-HDR-Smart-TV-V705-G3-2019-Model... 

I have tried everything to circumvent and or fix this issue but nothing has worked.  It is strange also as when I am trying to use the headphones while Netflix is loading Netflix reloads my program whenever I plug or unplug the headphones from the Roku controller audio jack???  It does not do this with any other App???

Has this issue been reported before because I could not find any other topics concerning this exact problem???  Thanks for any help in advance.

Control is an illusion!!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 5.1 Netflix Audio on Headphone Jack does not work

I have experienced the same issue. It took me a minute to figure it out, but any show that has been marked as 5.1 audio will not work with Roku's private listening.  I have the Roku Ultimate for reference.  What is the fix for this issue? How do we set up Roku to handle these audio differences?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Open Netflix app from Roku menu

pick your show - press play and when show is running in the Netflix app pause it

and press the back arrow on Roku remote to get to the episode options list

from top go down from “resume episode” in Netflix left side menu list and go to audio and subtitles

and select “English - original”....

by default it will select “English - (original) (5.1)”

toggle off and then back on private listening and your Roku app on phone remote or plug in your 3mm audio headphones into jack in remote 

problem should be resolved

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

image.jpg

Sorry pic uploaded 90 degrees counterclockwise off - see screenshot for menu I’m talking about in above post solution 

0 Kudos