Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicsprog
Level 8

4K ROKU menu screen goes pinkish and splits. Sony Bravia 4K TV

Have the first generation 4K Roku box.  Have a Sony Bravia 4K TV approx 4 years old.   After going into the normal Roku menu and into any app, say Netflix, and out, the Roku menu goes into a pinkish display of the regular menu AND the Roku menu is doubled side by side on the screen.  When I go into another app, the app screen, such as Netflix, is normal.  Any return to Roku menu it goes into pinkish/split screen. Firmware is current on aRoku and Sony.

‘Changed resolution to AUTO.  No joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: 4K ROKU menu screen goes pinkish and splits. Sony Bravia 4K TV

@Cicsprog wrote:

Have the first generation 4K Roku box.  ...

You have a Roku 4 (model 4400)? That's the first generation of Roku devices to support UHD/4K, and the only 4K device from that generation.

There have been many issues with the Roku 4 over the years, many related to the fan and overheating. Some of the experts here more familiar with the Roku 4 may offer insight.

If you don't have the Roku 4, then stating exactly which model (to include model number) you have might be useful, as would the exact software version ("latest" can vary by device).

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Cicsprog
Level 8

Model 4670x - aRoku ultra 

Software build 9.4.0

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos
Cicsprog
Level 8

Sony xlr-55xb50d  firmware v8

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

@Cicsprog wrote:

Model 4670x - aRoku ultra 

Software build 9.4.0 ...

That is device is from 2019. I'm not aware of any specific issues with that device at all. Try ruling out other hardware first.

Try a different HDMI cable. If possible, swap the cable with one from a device that has no issues at all.

If that doesn't resolve, try a different HDMI port on the TV. I would not expect that to matter, as my experience with Sony TVs has been excellent, but it still should be ruled out. If possible, swap the HDMI ports with a working device.

If no resolution, I'm gonna say it's the Roku. Before replacing (the device is only a little over a year old) I would suggest doing a full factory reset of the device. Hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds and go through the initial setup and download process again. That may resolve any software issue.

If that fails, and unless someone else has an idea, it may be the device went bad. I don't have any personal experience with that model Ultra -- mine are all 4660 or 4661 models -- but the Ultra models (4640, 4660/4661, and 4670) has generally been rock solid devices.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos