Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfiedler
Level 7

401 Unauthorized Error

When I click on any of the Disney options, ie Disney, Pixar, Nat Geo, I get a 401 error code. What does that mean.  I can't access any topics 

3 Replies
DarinT
Level 7

Re: 401 Unauthorized Error

On Roku I when I try to access Disney Plus as I have many times with no issue I’m getting ‘401 error code’. I’ve updated Roku software and restarted system in settings. I unplugge my Modem and Roku and plugs back.

All other apps and subscriptions work and are opening and accessible I can access DisneyPlus on my computer direct on site.

I contacted Disney online support and did all they suggested incluing what I think is absurd...to no avail.

clear cache: 1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu. 2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times. . 3. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

0 Kudos
DarinT
Level 7

On Roku I when I try to access Disney Plus as I have many times with no issue I’m getting ‘401 error code’. I’ve updated Roku software and restarted system in settings. I unplugge my Modem and Roku and plugs back.

All other apps and subscriptions work and are opening and accessible I can access DisneyPlus on my computer direct on site.

I contacted Disney online support and did all they suggested incluing what I think is absurd...to no avail.

clear cache: 1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu. 2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times. . 3. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

0 Kudos
mfiedler
Level 7

When I open the Disney channel and highlight Disney, Pixar, Nat Geo, etc, When it opens it says:  Error Status 401: Reason, unexpected error.  That is all it says and it won't let me access any shows in any of those categories

0 Kudos