Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

3900RW / Youtube issues

Jump to solution

Forgive me if this has been answered and I missed it. I have two 3900RW Express units attached to my TVs and both are linked to one account. I recently started a Youtube TV free trial. The channel populated my active list on both TVs, but will only play on the original account that I set up the channel on. When I try to access the channel on my second tv, the set-up screen comes up with a link code to set up the account. I have tried the support page, but I keep getting directed to the same page like going in circles and I still can't find where to put this code. Please help. I only have a few days left before being charged and I don't want to pay for something I can't use. I'm trying to cut the cord.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3900RW / Youtube issues

Jump to solution

@CURLY54 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that channels on separate Roku devices may need to be authenticated again even if they are on the same Roku account. We would recommend signing into your Youtube TV account on the second device following the activation process and simply signing into your Youtube TV account that you have created for your free trial.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube TV support here:https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3900RW / Youtube issues

Jump to solution

@CURLY54 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that channels on separate Roku devices may need to be authenticated again even if they are on the same Roku account. We would recommend signing into your Youtube TV account on the second device following the activation process and simply signing into your Youtube TV account that you have created for your free trial.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube TV support here:https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos