Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylgui
Level 7

3600X stick: Amazon log-in - keyboard problem

I have a strange problem. In trying to log into my existing Amazon account on the streaming stick, the keyboard that pops up to enter email/password doesn't seem to contain a backslash (\) which my password contains. Only a double backslash (\\) and two forward slashes (/) on different keyboard pages (attached some photos of my symbol options). I feel like I'm going crazy and missing it but it's just not there. Now obviously I could change my password but this is kind of ridiculous. Anyone else notice this or am I the only person with a backslash in their password? 

I've done factory resets, logging in and out, tried the \\ to see if that works, the two forward slashes, holding them down, etc. I've contacted support a couple of times and they don't seem to either a) understand what the problem is or b) know what to do about it. Is this a firmware issue? Defective unit?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/RiccoLa/IMG_20170121_215412.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/RiccoLa/IMG_20170107_182647.jpg

Some specs:
3600X model
Software version 7.5.0 build 4099-24
Amazon version: 6.2 build 20161213143954
0 Kudos
7 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: 3600X stick: Amazon log-in - keyboard problem

How's about using the "Register on the Website" option instead? That way you don't have to change the password.

Note: looks like an issue with the Amazon Channel on Roku. Not a firmware issue as it's specifically built by Amazon themselves.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
sylgui
Level 7

Well damn that worked, thanks for the (obvious) suggestion, I missed that completely. Still would like to know why there's a glitch with the keyboard. 

Would I have to unregister and reregister the device again if I get logged out or anything like that?
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"sylgui" wrote:
Well flower that worked. Still would like to know why there's a glitch with the keyboard. 

Would I have to unregister and reregister the device again if I get logged out or anything like that?

I bet it's a programming error. I know in programming you have to use \ for indicating " or even \ as strings. Sorry if that sounds to technical, but I am guessing that is the problem. Amazon would have to fix it. I see it on my unit as well.

Note the Keyboard on Netflix is correct. So, definitely Amazon's issue.
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
sylgui
Level 7

Makes sense. You know if/where I could contact the developers assuming they want tips on bugs and such?

Edit: Yeah I don't seem to have a problem in any of the other channels. The ones that I have added anyway. Nor do I have the issue on my Roku TV with Amazon. Shrug.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"sylgui" wrote:
Makes sense. You know if/where I could contact the developers assuming they want tips on bugs and such?

Edit: Yeah I don't seem to have a problem in any of the other channels. The ones that I have added anyway. Nor do I have the issue on my Roku TV with Amazon. Shrug.

Contact Amazon Support. Likely you won't get in touch with an actual developer. Likely a Tier I or II support person would just pass the info along to them. Also, hopefully the mods here see this thread. Definitely easy to replicate, so hopefully they pass it along to Amazon as well.
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
sylgui
Level 7

"trekkeriii" wrote:
"sylgui" wrote:

Contact Amazon Support. Likely you won't get in touch with an actual developer. Likely a Tier I or II support person would just pass the info along to them. Also, hopefully the mods here see this thread. Definitely easy to replicate, so hopefully they pass it along to Amazon as well.

Great, thanks again.
0 Kudos
amateur6
Level 7

"trekkeriii" wrote:
How's about using the "Register on the Website" option instead?

For anyone who wants to know how to do this: go to “Settings” in the Amazon Roku channel and click “Register your Device” (the icon after “Feedback”). That’s where you’ll find the Website option.

And thanks for this, trekkeriii -- if I’d found it earlier it would have saved me days of angst while mucking about on Amazon.
0 Kudos