Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suzie1121
Level 7

Re: 3 free months of apple tv+ with purchase of Roku

Jump to solution

Am I understanding this right..........ith the offer, you can get 3 months free Roku TV, but you can't actually use it on your Roku TV?  You have to use it on a iPAD, iTouch, etc.?

0 Kudos
Suzie1121
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry, I meant free Apple TV, but using the offer on a Roku TV.  Can this be done or does it have to be on an iPAD, etc.

0 Kudos
Cassalan
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes you can use the offer on Roku, you just have to redeem it through an apple device or app. In my case I have no apple devices so I had to download the apple music app to my android phone, create an apple ID and enter the code that Roku sent me on that app on my phone. Now mind you I did all that the right way and still got the same link that they sent me to buy another roku like you did.  I had to contact roku through the customer service chat on their web page. They told me they would work on getting me a code and get back to me. It took about two days but they finally sent me a link and a working code. The link did not work and took me to the same order page as before but the code did work when I went to enter it in the apple music app. There is definitely a fail somewhere in the links they send out but I finally got it.

0 Kudos
nancypo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same thing here, just bought a Hisense Roku TV last week, unable to find activation code, what a racket! There should be a link, click on it, get a code# . Poor customer service. why bother sending an email???

Printer1
Level 8

Re: Apple TV 3 month free trial activation

Jump to solution

I don't think Roku is going to help us, just get sent to "go to customer support" NO help.  I am very disappointed

pnathan28
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I emailed customer support through the roku app, it took about 5 days but someone got back to me and I sent them my roku account info and they got me the apple tv offer code later. It finally worked but honestly it should not be so difficult. 

SJ21
Level 7

I never received a code for the free apple tv

Jump to solution

I never received a code for the free apple tv for 3 months.

0 Kudos
buergermeister
Level 7

Jump to solution

Folks the email eventually comes to you from Roku. In order to redeem it you need to boot up a PC or a Mac and have iTunes installed. Applying the free code won't work using a smartphone or chromebook type device. You'll get some kind of error message saying that the code has expired or is not valid. 

0 Kudos
TheSource07
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just bought and activated the big Roku soundbar and no free apple tv redemption code when will I get it

0 Kudos
PurpleDiva
Level 7

AppleTv promotion with purchase

Jump to solution

How do I get the promotion with my purchase? It was advertised for the holiday purchase.

0 Kudos