Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eaglemach
Level 9

Re: 3 free months of apple tv+ with purchase of Roku

Jump to solution

Should be a class action suit for fraud

MRTN1617
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have contacted the roku account and billing service and they say the same thing. I have not recieved any codes and been checking my email but nothing pops up except to rate customer support.

0 Kudos
tinkertinker
Level 8

Jump to solution
Sounds Like most of us are out of luck because of some tiny print exclusion that no-one else  can find, according to Roku Employee RokuDanny-R.
Was looking foward to trying out apple tv but not for a lousy 1 free week, more hassle than it's worth.

0 Kudos
eaglemach
Level 9

Re: Apple Tv Promotion

Jump to solution

I believe this is a planned scheme by Roku to sell their devices knowingly not having any codes at all this is fraud the state of California should investigate

eaglemach
Level 9

Jump to solution

what's the tiny print exclusion that RokuDanny-R found?

Roku should be charged with fraud 

0 Kudos
eaglemach
Level 9

Re: Apple TV free subscription

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Lookingforhelp
Level 7

Re: Apple TV 3 month free trial activation

Jump to solution

How can I reach someone from roku customer service to resolve this issue. I’ve sent two emails with no reply. I recently purchased a new roku with a free 3 months Apple TV trial. We signed up for newsletter and nothing. No idea what else to do 

0 Kudos
UltraUser201
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had the same trouble. I had to reach out to customer service through Roku.com/Support. They did reply with a link and a code. When I first clicked on the link using my android phone I just got redirected back to the Roku promotional page. I found that I needed to install Itunes on my Windows desktop or open the email and click on the link using an iOS Device that has the Itunes Store on it already. Once I installed Itunes and was signed in using my Apple ID, I clicked on the link provided to me from the Roku customer service reply email and Itunes opened up to the "Redeem Code" page. The code was already populated into the box. I clicked confirm and it worked perfectly. I opened the Apple Tv app using my new Roku Device, signed in using my Apple ID and all is good for the next 3 months.

I think the main problem everyone may be having is apparently you have to reach out to Roku customer support and let them know you didn't receive a promo code if you did not get one automatically after purchase. Then, you need to have an Itunes account. Lastly, the promo code CANNOT be redeemed through the Apple TV+ app. All that you can get through the Apple TV app is 7-Days free. The code must be redeemed through the iTunes Store. When you finally receive your email with the promo link, make sure you have iTunes and you are signed in or use an iOS device, open the email and click on the link. If no link is provided only a code to enter is provided, open itunes or click on itunes store, log in and look for the quick link "Redeem" option. Click the Reedem option and enter the code. 

Hope this helps!

eaglemach
Level 9

Jump to solution

UltraUser201 you are the man you have done something that Roku customer support could not do

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free Apple TV with purchase of a new roku

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have contacted the customer support regarding this few times.  Still didn't receive the redemption code.

Tired of contacting the support team through chat and email.  There is a standard will get back to you soon message. No phone support due to covid.

0 Kudos