Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opie-100
Level 7

Re: 24p not working on Netflix

Jump to solution

This judder is very apparent watching The Crown on Roku connected to my x900e. Was glad to find this thread. Will try watching on the TV's Netflix app instead this weekend.

0 Kudos
DXPUNK
Level 8

Jump to solution

@DXPUNK wrote:

@StreamerUser wrote:
@DXPUNK wrote:

Just bought the newly released Roku Ultra 2020 (4800R) after learning that it supported Dolby Vision. I have an LG E8 OLED, which has a limited library of apps and especially so compared to Roku, so I'd been switching back and forth between LG and Roku depending on what I was watching to utilize Dolby Vision through native LG apps where possible. I was excited to finally have a seamless viewing experience through Roku, now that it supports Dolby Vision, but come to find out it can't even output video at the native 24p in Netflix - the video stutters so often and can be unbearable to watch. So disappointed in this product and regretting my decision to upgrade on Roku Ultra 4660x. Was hopeful that this might be resolved soon and I could avoid returning this for an Apple TV 4K but reading through this forum, seems like this has been a known issue for some time and Roku has failed to correct. C'mon Roku, figure it out...

This "stutter" could be an artifact of LG's (buggy/variable) "Real Cinema" implementation - try enabling "TruMotion" and setting it to "User" with De-Judder=0 and De-Blur=0 (especially in DV/HDR modes but really for any/all modes where RealCinema cant be disabled).

Effectively by enabling TruMotion it forces RealCinema off (especially for non-configurable modes like DV/HDR where RealCinema is enabled non-configurable by default), and with TruMotion set to 0 for both, its also disabled.

(This works for my C7, especially with 60Hz locked NetFlix - To test it, try The Queens Gambit E1 from 2:50 to 3:40 with the slight zooming followed by right to left panning)

Thank you for the suggestion, I have not tried this yet but will give it a go

@StreamerUser Unfortunately this trick didn't work for me. We've been watching The Crown and it's very noticeable - we end up switching to the native LG app for this reason. Really unfortunate this situation and sort of takes away from the value having a Roku in the first place. Really hope Roku/Netflix figure this out

DXPUNK
Level 8

Jump to solution

@opie-100 wrote:

This judder is very apparent watching The Crown on Roku connected to my x900e. Was glad to find this thread. Will try watching on the TV's Netflix app instead this weekend.

Coincidentally, it's through watching The Crown where we first noticed this judder. Using the native Netflix app on my LG E8 seems to be the short term solution - hopefully the Sony Netflix app works for you

0 Kudos
DXPUNK
Level 8

Jump to solution

tbh I'm surprised that there isn't more attention or focus on this issue, from both Roku and it's users. Netflix and Roku are both market leaders in the respective verticals, you'd imagine there is quite a bit of overlap of their users = a lot of Roku users are using Netflix. But then again, while this judder issue is so obvious and annoying to me and others in this thread, it doesn't bother my wife the least bit...

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

To be clear this is only a fix for LG TV users and the "stutter" (not judder) issue w/some content with NetFlix framelocked at 60Hz.

0 Kudos
Trevor_Bartram
Level 9

Jump to solution

I presently have two Roku 3s and an Express. As a prelude to streaming 4K movies from Netflix and Prime I'm considering buying a Roku Ultra, until I learned about this 24p issue. I have questions:

Has there been any new developments or improvements?

Which streaming services successfully stream movies at 24p on the Roku Ultra?

Would I better off looking at Amazon 4K streaming devices?

Thanks, Trevor.

0 Kudos
Skippy555
Level 8

Jump to solution

You'd be better off with an nVidia Shield TV. The Amazon devices have their own quirks 

0 Kudos