Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdb29127
Level 8

2020 Roku ultra returns to home on a few apps

On my roku ultra 2020 about once a week or so on the roku channel, pluto, and ESPN apps it returns to the home screen as soon as you select the app. After a system restart everything works fine. The prime video, discovery plus, Newson, foxnow, and the YouTube apps never see this issue. I have a fast internet connection. Anyone else see this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: 2020 Roku ultra returns to home on a few apps

@kdb29127 wrote:

On my roku ultra 2020 about once a week or so on the roku channel, pluto, and ESPN apps it returns to the home screen as soon as you select the app. After a system restart everything works fine. The prime video, discovery plus, Newson, foxnow, and the YouTube apps never see this issue. I have a fast internet connection. Anyone else see this issue?

What screensaver are you using? Remove any you added and use one of the standard, simple ones and see if that makes a difference.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
kdb29127
Level 8

I am using the stock screensaver. I have never changed it.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

@kdb29127 wrote:

Sorry for the screensaver false trail.

Do you have an SD card installed? Sometimes those can cause odd issues.

I'm trying to think of anything else before going into a watch pattern analysis. It could be that an app causes an issue that is manifest in crashing other apps. So, I'm suggesting the simply things first.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
kdb29127
Level 8

No SD card installed. It is probably an app. Thanks.

0 Kudos