Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RhinoRhoku
Level 7

2 month Paramount plus trial?

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku Express 4k+ on Amazon and it said i get a Free 2 months paramount plus trial. How do I sign up for it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2 month Paramount plus trial?

Jump to solution

Hi @Nmlarson,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be noted that to be eligible for the Paramount+ 2 months free trial you must be a first-time Paramount+ user who purchased and activate a new Roku streaming player, a new Roku TV, or a new Roku Smart Soundbar, between December 30, 2021, through March 4, 2022, no later than 11:59 PM ET, and redeem by March 11. 2022 no later than 11:59 PM ET.

Note Free trials offered by channel partners automatically turn into paid, recurring subscriptions when the trial ends. To avoid charges, cancel your subscription before the trial period expires.

You can learn more information about current promotions at: 

Enjoy 2 months free* of Paramount+ | Roku

Roku player deals and special offers | Roku 

If you need additional help, contact customer support.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25\
HDMIGuy
Level 13

Jump to solution

Should be able to sign up for the free trial during the activation process.  You must activate the device to receive the free trial.

0 Kudos
Nmlarson
Level 7

Jump to solution

What happens if you aren't given an opportunity to take advantage of the free trial? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Nmlarson,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be noted that to be eligible for the Paramount+ 2 months free trial you must be a first-time Paramount+ user who purchased and activate a new Roku streaming player, a new Roku TV, or a new Roku Smart Soundbar, between December 30, 2021, through March 4, 2022, no later than 11:59 PM ET, and redeem by March 11. 2022 no later than 11:59 PM ET.

Note Free trials offered by channel partners automatically turn into paid, recurring subscriptions when the trial ends. To avoid charges, cancel your subscription before the trial period expires.

You can learn more information about current promotions at: 

Enjoy 2 months free* of Paramount+ | Roku

Roku player deals and special offers | Roku 

If you need additional help, contact customer support.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Nmlarson
Level 7

Jump to solution

As i mentioned in my original post, I have already bought and activated my Roku and nowhere in the activation process was a free trial for Paramount+ mentioned that I could take advantage of. The first two links you provided are for the purchase of a new Roku. The "contact customer support" you supplied does not connect to customer support, it's a link to the "Roku Community.  This type of marketing is classic Bait and Switch. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Nmlarson,

Thanks for the note.

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Level 13

Jump to solution

@Nmlarson wrote:

As i mentioned in my original post, I have already bought and activated my Roku and nowhere in the activation process was a free trial for Paramount+ mentioned that I could take advantage of. The first two links you provided are for the purchase of a new Roku. The "contact customer support" you supplied does not connect to customer support, it's a link to the "Roku Community.  This type of marketing is classic Bait and Switch. 

When I clicked on the link to "contact customer support" it took me directly to customer support.

0 Kudos
JamesGreen
Level 8

Jump to solution

I purchased a new roku and received the free 2-month paramount+ offer. I activated the trial and it appears in my Roku subscriptions. I am unable to get signed in from my Roku device. When I try to activate using either my mobile device or from the TV to sign in, it won't accept my Roku account and password on the Paramount+ sign in page. I do not have a paramount+ account and no where does it give me an option to create one.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Level 12

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
JamesGreen
Level 8

Jump to solution

purchased and activate a new Roku streaming player, a new Roku TV, or a new Roku Smart Soundbar, between December 30, 2021, through March 4, 2022

Maybe I wasn't clear. I purchased a new Roku device last month (Feb 2022).

redeem by March 11. 2022 no later than 11:59 PM ET

I redeemed it today March 7, 2022

must be a first-time Paramount+ user

I don't have an existing Paramount+ account indicating that I'm a first time paramount user. The subscription shows in my Roku account under Manage Subscriptions. When I try to activate that subscription on the Roku using either my mobile device or the TV I get the paramount+ activate code and the next screen to login. Based on the email notification I received from Roku after redeeming it seemed ot indicate that I should log in with my Roku account information. That is not working. I know that account information is correct because I'm logged into Roku now with the same information. If I'm not supposed to use my Roku account to log in to paramount I have no other account to log in with and no way to create one.

0 Kudos