Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paddymacc
Level 7

2 Roku units, neither will connect to Amazon’s prime and neither are able to stream UHD from VuDU despite 30mbs internet

Hi, I have had very frustrating issue last few days. I have a Roku ultra in my bedroom and a new TCL 65 s403 Roku in living room. As of yesterday, neither will connect to Amazon prime (it times out and gives a connection error); Additionally, I get a timeout and connection error when I try to stream UHD videos from VUDU. My downloads are 30mbs and VUDU test for bandwidth crushes it with no issues. Netflix and YouTube stream UHD HDR flawlessly. It is very strange I get same issue with Amazon and VUDU on both units. I tried resetting my DNS cache and unpluggging my router and modem. Nothing is working. Any ideas? I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling amazon prime app on both units. It seems like some kind of connection error. I also tried hardwiring Ethernet to TCL TV but get the exact same error. The fact this happens to both units is odd.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
paddymacc
Level 7

Re: 2 Roku units, neither will connect to Amazon’s prime and neither are able to stream UHD from VuDU despite 30mbs inte

I reset my router to factory settings, still didn’t work. Did a factory reset on TCL roku, and it solved the problem! It didn’t make sense that both separate units have the same error code and exact same problem, so I didn’t think a factory reset on the TV would solve it. Could have saved myself hours of researching and trying different fixes. Factory reset on both units solved the problem.

Hopefully this helps someone. Smiley Wink

VUDU now streams UHD with HDR beautifully, and Prime works flawless too!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: 2 Roku units, neither will connect to Amazon’s prime and neither are able to stream UHD from VuDU despite 30mbs inte

You factory reset your tv or the roku? I have tried factory resetting my roku and my wireless router and neither have worked to fix YouTube tv not working. Thanks!
0 Kudos