Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnPKennedy
Level 7

1password being an option to handle passwords for the different channel apps

Are there plans to allow 1password access to the Roku platform anytime soon.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 1password being an option to handle passwords for the different channel apps

Roku doesnt ever announce its functionality/development roadmap with any meaningful specificity.

Roku does have SSO (single sign on) support, but thats app/app family dependent.

A "stored credentials" manager built-in to the OS that could/would work with all apps/authentication types would be handy, especially for having to login/authenticate the same app on several different devices, or when reinstalling an app, or after a factory reset.

All that being said, Roku would be more likely to implement their own solution than to license and integrate a third party one, but anything is possible.

You should request such a feature:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 1password being an option to handle passwords for the different channel apps

@johnPKennedy 

Some apps allow pasting from the Roku mobile app. You can copy credentials from 1Password on your mobile device and past to the app from the keyboard on the Roku app.

Apart from that, it would be up to AgileBits to develop an app for Roku, which is yet another operating system. They may be the ones to announce any such development.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos