Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EACalhoun
Level 9

10.5.0 Update Causing Tablo App Issue

I have a Roku Streambar 9102R and it received the Roku 10.5.0 software update two days ago. I am overall pleased with the update as it has improved performance (speed) of the device and has - FINALLY - added the favorites feature to the Roku Channel Live Guide. However, the Tablo App now crashes (returns to Roku home screen) during this sequence: I play a recording, I can pause it, rewind, forward the same recording - no problem. But after I exit that recording and attempt to play a different one or go to live TV, the Tablo app crashes. This has never been a problem since I installed a Tablo DVR in January. I have done all of the normal troubleshooting: Uninstalled/reinstalled the Tablo app, plus I have power-cycled both the Tablo and the Roku while the Tablo app was uninstalled. I did contact Tablo support about this. I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ which still has the previous Roku software, and the Table app works perfectly on it. 

16 REPLIES 16\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 10.5.0 Update Causing Tablo App Issue

@EACalhoun

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to investigate the issue further.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Mac0730
Level 7

Tablo & 10.5 causing crashes

After Roku update to 10.5.  When selecting different channel or different recording, Tablo crashes and return to Roku Menu page.

is there a fix or an estimate when this will be correctec

Tags (2)
EACalhoun
Level 9

Device model: 9102R Streambar

Device Serial Number: YLOOAK085305

Device ID: 2A109AO85308

Roku Software Version: 10.5.0 - build 4174-95

I have only encountered this issue on the Tablo App (Channel)

Tablo App/Channel Version: Version 2.17 - build 0

Tracker ID: 05-410-048

The issue: When playing, pausing, forward or rewinding a recording or live TV all is okay. But when I switch from the first recording or instance of LIVE TV to a different recording or Live TV channel, the Tablo app crashes, or kicks me back out to the Roku home screen. I've done all the routine troubleshooting: uninstalling the Tablo app, power-cycling the Roku, then reinstalling the Tablo app. There have been no Tablo app issues with any prior Roku software since purchasing this Streambar in January.

0 Kudos
Kelsic
Level 7

I'm having the same exact issue as the original poster EACalhoun.  There are many individuals on the Tablo Community and Reddit forums that are having the same issue as well.  After Roku version 17A.50E04174A, build date 20210928 21:35 the problem seems to have started.  Using the Tablo channel/app, anytime recorded or live streaming content is viewed and the "back" button is pressed to go back to the Tablo app there is a black screen presented.  Moving up and down with the remote registers an audio que that you're moving between selections, but the screen remains black, or sometimes displays a corrupted/scrambled image.

Device model: 4400 - Roku 4

Device Serial Number: YY00CN685338

Device ID: 4U966C685338

Roku Software Version: 10.5.0 - build 4181-17

Timestamp: 2021-10-13T00:25:33Z

I have only encountered this issue on the Tablo App (Channel)

Tablo App/Channel Version: Version 2.17 - build 0

Tracker ID: 38-410-425

Dstebbins
Level 7

I'm having the same just bought Roku streambar installed tablo app. tried several attempts reinstalling the streambar, still tablo crashes when i try to play another recording goes to Roku main screen

0 Kudos
Kelsic
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R Is there any update on the status of this bug?  I also performed a factory reset on my Roku and then installed only the Tablo channel/app and the same issue exists.  I have tried changing many audio/video settings to determine if this would help and the problem persists.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Dstebbins

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post?

Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@EACalhoun @Kelsic

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Robertjp
Level 7

I also have the same issue since the roku updated the software. Is there a Tablo fix?  
3920x

10.5.0 build 4174 91

Yh002N408420

device id  - k429a2408420