Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StCroixGuy
Level 8

10.5.0 Roku Stick+ unable to open Disney Plus Error Code 42

Jump to solution

Since update to 10.5, we are unable to use Disney Plus. We have 5 Roku devices (4x Stick+, 1x Express). All devices suffer from this issue. All other apps are working. Disney Plus is the only app not working, also the only one that we subscribed to via Roku (i.e. pmts go through Roku).

Model and details from one device: model 3810x, SN YH002L071033, v10.5.0 bld 4201-50. Issue ID 33-471-842

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StCroixGuy
Level 8

Re: 10.5.0 Roku Stick+ unable to open Disney Plus Error Code 42

Jump to solution

Toggling the DNS server and rebooting the Rokus did actually resolve my issue.

Initial DNS settings on my LAN..

DNS server 1 (primary): 1.1.1.1

DNS server 2 (alt): 8.8.8.8

I then just flipped them (8.8.8.8 first). This resolved the Disney+ error 42 error. I then reverted back to the previous order and it works fine that way too.

I don't really understand how or why, especially since Disney+ worked fine during this period on non-Roku devices, but at least it is working again. For anyone experiencing similar issues I'd at least recommend adding this to your troubleshooting steps.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13\
HDMIGuy
Level 13

Jump to solution

Login on a computer and make sure the Disney Plus subscription is still active.  Also check to make sure the Roku devices are logged into the correct account.

0 Kudos
Shamrock4
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same thing happening here. I just noticed yesterday. It works on other devices, just NOT Roku.

0 Kudos
StCroixGuy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Disney Plus works on other devices, just not any of my 5 Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
3rando
Level 8

Re: 10.5.0 Roku Stick Plus unable to open Disney Plus Error Code 42

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issues here on a Roku Express and two TCL Roku TVs. Disney Plus and Hulu will not work.

0 Kudos
3rando
Level 8

Jump to solution

Update: turns out it was a DNS problem. The first server in the DNS list on my DHCP server was mistyped. Corrected the server address and rebooted the Roku. Everything is now working.

StCroixGuy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Toggling the DNS server and rebooting the Rokus did actually resolve my issue.

Initial DNS settings on my LAN..

DNS server 1 (primary): 1.1.1.1

DNS server 2 (alt): 8.8.8.8

I then just flipped them (8.8.8.8 first). This resolved the Disney+ error 42 error. I then reverted back to the previous order and it works fine that way too.

I don't really understand how or why, especially since Disney+ worked fine during this period on non-Roku devices, but at least it is working again. For anyone experiencing similar issues I'd at least recommend adding this to your troubleshooting steps.

isascam
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku devices and all of them will not work no matter what I do. I have tried everything mentioned and I still get the Error code 42. My subscription is fully paid and my internet provider is full functional since everything else is working perfectly. Roku owes me a huge reimbursement!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@isascam

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we are currently still investigate this issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LCusimano
Level 7

Jump to solution

10.5.1 Roku streaking stick 4k 

Disney Plus version 1.18 build 2022020801

System was updated on Feb 6 and now Disney Plus is the only channel no longer working. I get an Error 42. I have performed all suggested steps to resolve this issue including a factory reset of the device but nothing is working. 

0 Kudos