Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
humfreybear
Level 7

0066 error message on ABC channel

Since Dec. 14, I've gotten the following message - 0066: No account returned from UPDA Code: 012-1206-403 - when I try to watch ABC Live or any one of their shows on the app.  I don't have any problems when trying to watch on my laptop or phone.  I tried rebooting to see if that corrected the problem, but it still persists.  I really need the ABC app to work because of the issues with DirecTV and Tegna at the moment. My mom is legally blind and watching on her TV is the best option.  I also went to abc.com/faqs and it was useless.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 0066 error message on ABC channel

A guess:

If the ABC app on your Roku requires verification of a tv provider account, and Directv is your provider, then the current Tegna dispute may be why this isn't working.

But just in case your problem is caused by a corrupted channel installation, a reinstall may fix the problem. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
humfreybear
Level 7

makaiguy,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried everything you suggested and I still get the same error messages.  I even tried a factory reset with no luck.  The ABC app didn't require a verification of a tv provider. I can't watch anything either by the Browse or Live section.  Like I mentioned before, everything was working fine up until Dec. 14.  Tegna removed my local ABC station on Dec. 2.

Everything works fine on abc.com with the exception of the Live section at the top.  I get the following message - Error - 1039. We're sorry. Live stream viewing is not available in this area on DIRECTV. You may continue to enjoy episodes on demand.  However when I went Browse and tried to watch World News Tonight with David Muir (Dec. 15), it played perfectly.

0 Kudos
Jambou924
Level 7

I’m having the same issue. The last time this happened I had to do a factory reset on my tv which meant I had to reinstall and sign in to every single app again. EXTREMELY annoying!! Now the abc app has done it again and I’m trying desperately to not have to do that again. Funny how NOBODY wants to accept responsibility for it DIRECTV, ATT or ABC. I’m so mad right now I can’t see straight!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jambou924

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's functionality and error codes, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ABC support here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025250811-How-do-I-contact-ABC-Customer-Service-

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos