Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
becca7
Binge Watcher

digital quality of video is very poor.. didn't start out that way

hello, when i installed the indoor security camera se on saturday the video quality was great... now less than a week later the picture quality is total **bleep**.... any ideas why??

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: digital quality of video is very poor.. didn't start out that way

@becca7

Thanks for the post.

Are you viewing the camera playback through the Roku Smart Home mobile app or through the Roku TV? How far is the camera from your wireless network? Are you watching the content playback in HD or SD?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
becca7
Binge Watcher

Again.  Here I go with the same issue on my replacement se camera. First 2 days image quality was great.  Day 3 total poop. Wth.  I wish I could or knew how to share video here. Submitted 2 from my phone to link in settings.  I paid for year subscription and am now really regretting it! No answers to why quality is so bad after 2 days. Spent over an hour on phone Friday with no answers. Getting very upset 

0 Kudos
becca7
Binge Watcher

Watching on my iPhone and camera is maybe 10 feet from internet 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@becca7

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a bit more details regarding the issue you are experiencing?
-are you watching the content playback in HD or SD?
-can you provide us with a video of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?
-please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
becca7
Binge Watcher

I have a subscription for the camera. Watching on my Iphone. I have submitted a few logs. The new camera is all over the place. Started great for 2 days. Then went fuzzy.  Then sometimes flashes then will look good for a moment then flash then go fuzzy.  

0 Kudos
becca7
Binge Watcher

I believe the camera is on hd. If I change quality it doesn’t change the viewing at all. Been trying to attach video but when I go to attach on the log it will not pick up new videos. Not sure what I’m doing wrong there 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@becca7

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the log ID when you are submitting a log so we can investigate the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
becca7
Binge Watcher

i can not get video to attach to the submit log. the videos will not even come up when i go to attach. there are no videos to attach. It would be nice if there was an actual email address customers could use to explain situations and attach videos. i am so disappointed with roku at this point that i dont know what to do 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@becca7

Thanks for the follow up.

I've passed your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos