Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldawg11

Why are my cameras not recording just taking pictures??

Why is my back door camera that is outside not recording just taking and saving pictures of motion I have all the settings correct I believe because it was working properly the other day

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why are my cameras not recording just taking pictures??

Do you have a subscription?  Did your free trial run out?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tahira
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, only with my two new cameras. My older cameras are all recording video. I have a camera subscription. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tahira 

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Smart Home subscription, which is not reflecting. Please go to the Roku Smart Home Subscription page or here. Under the Manage subscriptions section, unselect the camera and select the camera that you want to have a subscription for. Select continue and select Update subscription. A confirmation will appear that the subscription has been updated. This will ensure that the subscription has been selected, updated, and applied. If the issue persists, please try to restart or factory reset the camera.
Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos