Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesL1971
Binge Watcher

Roku doorbell will not charge

I have Roku wire-free doorbell bought from Walmart. Now the doorbell will not charge. I am using the charging cord that it came with. Thinking of canceling my subscription and going with another company if I don’t get any help. 

0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku doorbell will not charge

Greetings @JamesL1971 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with charging your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

We would recommend trying to use another USB adapter to see if you are able to charge the Roku Smart Home Doorbell. It's possible that the USB adapter that you are currently using isn't providing adequate power to charge the Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denson48
Reel Rookie

Doorbell camera battery runs down over a couple days.  I have tried to charge it twice.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @denson48 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post regarding your Roku Smart Home Doorbell running out of battery.

Can you please clarify the issue so we can understand better what you are experiencing? How long are you currently charging the Roku device? Have you tried using another USB adapter to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing? How often are you using the Roku Smart Home Doorbell?

If you can keep us posted with the above information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamesL1971
Binge Watcher

Yes I have tried several different charging cords. Left them on for 2 days at a time. They are not charging the doorbell. This is why I’m on here to let you know that this is not what I expected from Roku. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @JamesL1971 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your Roku Smart Home Doorbell not charging.

Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and if there's anything else we can assist you in with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamesL1971
Binge Watcher

I have not heard from anybody yet. I would like to hear from somebody tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
denson48
Reel Rookie

Returned faulty unit. Finally found another doorbell camera. It is working fine..  Charges like a champ.

0 Kudos
Jen4life19

Rechargeable battery on video doorbell and chime wirelass

I have the wireless outside video doorbell chime se , have had it bout a month and went to charge it the other day and it will not charge light comes on clear and it goes off it stays off and doesn’t charge how can I fix this ? Can the door bell be put on a wireless charger and charge 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @JamesL1971 

Thanks for the follow up regarding our Support team contacting you. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. If you still haven't heard back within 1-2 business days, please feel free to let me know and I'll make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos