Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tygarys
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku doorbell not live feeding to Roku TV

Firmware 5.0.1.106

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue with the same firmware and notice this has been corrected or commented about. Guess I will have to return the doorbell because live streaming it was most important to me. All my other cameras work fine and the doorbell works in the phone app and even pops up on screen when pressed....but no live stream on roku tvs

reptem1970
Binge Watcher

no resolution to this issue...

0 Kudos
Tygarys
Channel Surfer

Honestly, I just gave up here. My TV apps work now, but not the notifications part, which is why I decided to try this camera over the others. It also picks up movement from trees, leaves, anything else blowing around without problems, but crashes and does not provide video when someone really comes up to the door like FedEx. 

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Binge Watcher

mine does the exact same thing. when someone rings the doorbell, a picture does show up, and i can see the last alert, but it wont stream on the tvs, and it crashes all the time in the app. the other cameras i have crash when i try to download videos too. i contacted support and they did a ticket but i havent heard anything. I paid for the subscription because the cameras are completely useless without it, but will definitely be getting a new system if they don't fix these issues. very disappointing. from what I've read they just rushed these all out and rebranded wyze v3 cameras, but didn't fix the cloud and network issues. i bought and installed another doorbell but got the the same issues.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reptem1970,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku doorbell camera since it is not showing on your TV and will crash on the Roku mobile app when you download videos. Help is here. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuJohnB 

I got an email and wrote back but didn't get a reply. I had already filed a support ticket a few weeks ago, gave my MAC address, etc...but still haven't had any resolutions. I bought a Wireless Video doorbell and it works as it should in the exact spot as the wired doorbell, I even hooked it up to my wires to see, and it streams fine and also has easier/better interaction on the app. Unfortunately it is too big to be wired permanently at this location, and I don't like the idea of having it out in the open and having to charge it all the time. I reinstalled the wired doorbell and all the features work, except the streaming feature on the TV's. It has to be some kind of software/firmware glitch, or a batch of bad wired video doorbells. because I did try one other wired doorbell from the same store, and it did the same things. Please have your software department look into this. The other cameras ( I have 5 ) work but are glitchy with downloads from the cloud, and not always sending notifications, unavailable videos, but I can live with that for now. The doorbell has to be fixed though. thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @reptem1970,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

It seems like our Support team has contacted you. We suggest getting in touch with them to further assist you with your concern.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Binge Watcher

Nothing got resolved. They sent me an email which I replied to but never heard back. I got a couple phone calls in a row at 11 pm at night but wasn't able to answer and they didn't leave a message. I just returned the doorbell because it refuses to work properly and I lost all hope. the wireless doorbell works and streams and the app works with it too, but the wired one does not. Hopefully the software will be fixed and if it is I will purchase it again.