Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku camera freezing up and can’t get them to stop

Jump to solution

@arholmes

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Video freezes during playback on the paid subscription app.  

What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?  Go to the App and open any video recorded and watch the video it will start playing then freeze (Time warps) then the video will pay again. Just like the video link provided on this from 2 weeks ago.

What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

1 pulled the SD card to see if there is a time warp in the locally stored video. (NO)

2 removed the camera from my account.

3 deleted the app from both IOS and Android phones.

4 reinstalled Roku smart home apps

5 logged in to Roku smart home app

6 Press the reset button on the bottom of the cameras.

7 set up the cameras as a new device.  

8 waited for there to be an event.

9 played back event still has the Time Warp

10 called Roku support and was informed to return the cameras to Walmart

11 Paked the Cameras back into their boxes and drove an hour each way to Walmart to be told that it's passed the 30 days and can not be returned to the store! Call the Manufacturer ie Roku for help.  

12 asked friends if there’s was having the same issue and yes showed me their cameras doing the same thing.

13 posted two weeks ago that the problem was only on the cloud-saved video and happing on different accounts.

14 waited for a response from Roku

15 Retyped up steps of what has been done on my side to fix a cloud video issue.

16 Waiting for Roku's official response regarding how they are going to fix a cloud video issue.

17 ???? I guess I will have to change to another company? Why pay for the service every month for Cloud saved video if it's not usable? 

Also, the Time Warp glitch remains in videos when you save them to the device only way to get the full video without the error is to pull the SD card and save the video from it. As Cloud Video is what is affected by the glitch the part we pay for monthly.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Beartiedie 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I guess the support team doesn’t want to fix this issue. I have been waiting for help to get this matter resolved still the same with no update. I want my money back for this junk cameras. 

0 Kudos
arholmes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Moved on from camera. Although I paid a little more I love the Ring Floodlight.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Beartiedie 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is still currently investigating the issue you are reporting and I do not have any information to provide at this time. Rest assured that once I have more details, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ericelkin

Jump to solution

Well, here we are after several months and no resolution to the problem.  It's April 23, 2023, and I'm still losing 2-5 seconds of video (sometimes that's the total duration of the event).  I'm not getting a sense of confidence that this issue will be corrected.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @ericelkin 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home device.

Please be aware that we are still actively investigating the issue you are reporting. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beartiedie
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I think at this point we have paid for the cameras.  We pay for the monthly membership there should be some type of discount for it not working.  If you paid for a service and it doesn't work you would expect it to get fixed in a timely manner or be given a credit for time without service.  When every recording is bad that says to me it is unusable. So refund the cameras and cut your loss send us on our way or fix the bug in a timely manner that is Days not months! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your patience while we investigated they you are experiencing with playback freezing. 

Please be aware that we believe that we have found the root cause of the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update release.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator