Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dakopyc
Binge Watcher

Roku Outdoor Camera SE: Motion Events not Triggering

Recently purchased the Roku Outdoor Camera SE and set it up in my front window, near the front door. The video stream from the cam is showing up fine in the app -- but even though I signed-up for a "subscription", I'm not seeing any events triggered when I walk outside and step into the "detection zone" that I have also configured in the app. There is no "red light" blinking on the front of the cam, either, when I walk into the "zone".

Hmm. What am I doing wrong? I've tried everything -- restarted the app several times, allowed it to go into "background", etc. Firmware is all up-to-date on both the base station and the camera. App shows that I have an "active subscription"... but still... NO EVENTS. Any ideas on how to get motion (and/or "smart") triggering to work? Thanks.

42 REPLIES 42
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Outdoor Camera SE: Motion Events not Triggering

@dakopyc

Thank for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Have you setup notifications on your mobile device properly? In addition, can you provide the serial number of the Roku Smart Home camera that you are experiencing the issue with?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. After I paid the subscription all my notifications went away and can't seem to get mines to work either. Following to see if you get an answer

dakopyc
Binge Watcher

Not quite sure what I did -- but now it's working again. ((shrug)) Hmm. Wish I could be more helpful/specific!

0 Kudos
Whitecrw
Reel Rookie

Please respond: why does the ROKU outdoor camera SE not record while standing directly in front of it? Model #CW1000R. The installation was fine, etc.

Whitecrw
Reel Rookie

It's a straightforward question from a customer. Model # CW1000R. Please answer. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Whitecrw

Thanks for the post.

It seems like you've having issues with the Roku Smart Home Camera recording motion events. I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmcgilton

I’m having the same issue.  Motion detection doesn’t pick anything up but when I look at live it triggers the motion detected notification.

Afensel
Reel Rookie

My camera is 100% working on the app and live streaming.  Blue light is solid all the time and no red light for motion events.  I have all my settings the same as last week when it did work. 

Seems to just not sense motion of any type. 

NoNi79

My camera stopped recording any motion within the detection zone as well and I no longer receive notifications either. All other functions work properly. I pay for a subscription which makes this very frustrating. I have fully charged the cam, power cycled the cam and the app and insured both pieces of equipment are fully updated to no avail. Is there a way to reset the camera or am I just paying for nothing?