Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Indoor Camera will not connect to network

I am unable to set up my indoor camera on my network using the smart home app.  I have gone through all of the steps listed more than once.  Password is correct.  My phone is connected to my 2.4ghz network.  I have pressed the setup button and gone through the prompts in the app to scan the code and start the process.  It shows as connecting for about 2 minutes and then says it is unable to connect.  I have also rebooted my modem/router as suggested.  Nothing works!  Help! 

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Indoor Camera will not connect to network

Greetings @scottsdaleDMC 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding setting up your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera.

How far is the camera from your wireless router? What brand and model router are you also using?

For more information about setting up your Roku Smart Home Camera, visit our Support pages here: 
Set up your Indoor Camera SE
Why is my smart home device not connecting?

Please keep us posted with the details of what you are seeing and we will be more than happy to continue to help you. We look forward to hearing back your response!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cassiej8490
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Indoor Camera will not connect to network

I have the same issue

Cassiej8490
Reel Rookie

Cassie Jeffries please help me

I really don't know what to do. I upgrade in my internet and everything to try to get my internet wifi on to these cameras s called Roku s e and I still have improblems I went through all the process But they keep no stop on me at the internet Wi-Fi Keep on saying I'm failing or failed..

Poetslair
Reel Rookie

Roku camera won't connect but wyze does

I'm having the same problem with my Roku camera. I have several wyze cameras throughout my house that are the exact same camera as Roku uses but the Roku camera will not connect to my network.

Poetslair
Reel Rookie

Re: Cassie Jeffries please help me

Did you ever find a solution? I have multiple cameras in my home that are Wyze cameras, identical to the Roku camera. I make sure a 2.4 mgh internet is working for them and my Alexa devices, and my Ring. I still can't get this darned thing to connect.

I have rebooted everything. It's a new camera but I purchased it months ago. Really irritating.

Kimberly

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cassie Jeffries please help me

Hi @Poetslair,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having issues connecting your Roku cameras to your network. We certainly want to assist you with this. 

For us to better understand the issue, how far is your Roku camera from your router? Also, what status light appears on your Roku camera when you're trying to connect to your network?

In the meantime, you can visit this support article for more information on how to properly set up your Roku camera: How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos