Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Camera Detecting CO monitor detection

Jump to solution

I want someone from Roku to contact me regarding my camera. on the app / website it specifically states the camera can detect CO. well my camera detected it 2x and I got concerned so I contacted my local fire department, they came out and advised me these cameras have no options to detect CO at all. they have to be programmed to the furnace and they need a way to take air in to test it. after doing some testing with the camera and fire department, these camera in fact do not test for CO. they have absolutely no way to test. I want someone from either the legal team or customer service to contact me for this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Camera Detecting CO monitor detection

Jump to solution

Hi @Kmamalakis,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

I understand that you want your Roku Camera to detect the CO signal. I will be more than willing to provide you with further details about this.

Please refer to the information provided by @renojim above, which will help you better understand Roku Smart detection for CO. In addition, please ensure that you toggle the alarm detection on your Roku Smart Home app. Smart sound recognition uses an advanced algorithm that recognizes the sound patterns of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide (CO) monitors. When an alarm sound is detected, a 12-second event video is generated, and a push notification is sent by the smart home app.

You can change smart sound recognition settings in the app.

1. Select your camera from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Tap Alarm Settings
  4. Toggle the alarm settings on or off

Note: If you have Detect Sound off, you can still use smart sound recognition to send a notification when the camera detects an alarm sound.

For more details, you can visit our support article: How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

Please let us know if there's anything else we can access you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jump to solution

also there was no CO in here to detect but when he made CO it didn't detect it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@taelermcguire, Roku cameras don't have a CO or fire detector.  It has a microphone and can detect when your CO/fire detector goes off.

"...it can send you an alert the moment it hears a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm in your home."

Getting to know your Roku Smart Home camera | Official Roku Support

In addition, it's not wise to publish personal information in a public forum like this.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kmamalakis

Jump to solution

I’ve had my Roku camera in the den for over a year and it has never detected CO until tonight. I haven’t gotten one notification. My face has gotten red and my BP is up because it’s bull**bleep** if indeed, it cannot detect CO. 

0 Kudos
Kecia49

Jump to solution

I experienced the same issue TODAY. I am trying to reach out to someone as well. The fire department came and detected zero CO signals!

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kmamalakis,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

I understand that you want your Roku Camera to detect the CO signal. I will be more than willing to provide you with further details about this.

Please refer to the information provided by @renojim above, which will help you better understand Roku Smart detection for CO. In addition, please ensure that you toggle the alarm detection on your Roku Smart Home app. Smart sound recognition uses an advanced algorithm that recognizes the sound patterns of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide (CO) monitors. When an alarm sound is detected, a 12-second event video is generated, and a push notification is sent by the smart home app.

You can change smart sound recognition settings in the app.

1. Select your camera from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Tap Alarm Settings
  4. Toggle the alarm settings on or off

Note: If you have Detect Sound off, you can still use smart sound recognition to send a notification when the camera detects an alarm sound.

For more details, you can visit our support article: How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

Please let us know if there's anything else we can access you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
tkd

Jump to solution

We have a very big smog from fire on the mountains. On 4th day my ROKU camera did signal "Sound_co_alarm". Camera located near front door where smog could come in.

I think it is more sensitive than smog detector.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tkd, read the post above yours.  Roku cameras don't detect CO, smoke, or anything that isn't a sound coming from your CO or smoke detector.  If you don't have a CO detector, it can't be detecting CO.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.