Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gustavson

Outdoor Camera SE range only 6 feet from base unit?

In the setup instructions it states that when pairing the camera with the base station it must be within 6 feet of the base station. After pairing what is the distance you can actually mount the camera from the base station outside. I have purchased 4 of the Outdoor Camera SE, and am currently charging them. But if the base station has to be maximum of 6 feet from the installed camera for operation how is that even feasible or going to work with multiple cameras on every side of your house when the base stations have to be plugged into your router. If that's the case it's a major flaw and will make these units unusable. I would have to return them and look for a better option elsewhere. Please tell me there's a good range after pairing and I didn't waste my time purchasing 4 of these.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Outdoor Camera SE range only 6 feet from base unit?

It' not possible to give an absolute distance since there's too many factors that affect the connection, but Wi-Fi (which the camera uses) generally has a 100m or 300ft range (max).  Your mileage may vary, but you can count on getting more than 6'.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cjdzo

Where did you purchase just the wireless outdoor camera's? Or did you have to purchase 4 of the camera and base packages to get 4 camera's to link all together? 

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

My outdoor camera is about 30 feet from the base unit but it has line-of-sight through a window.

0 Kudos