Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTC0917
Reel Rookie

Multiple Networks with a single phone app

Can two different cameras be view and controlled from a single phone app if the cameras are connected to different routers? I have attempted to add a second camera on a second router but I do not find any prompts for router name and password, I have also tried to download a second app for this router but that did not work either. Thabnks for your help. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Multiple Networks with a single phone app

Greetings @KTC0917 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding setting up your additional Roku Smart Home Camera.

You will be able to access multiple Roku Smart Home cameras on different wireless networks. If you are experiencing trying to connect a Roku Smart Home Camera to a wireless issue, are you making sure that the router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz wireless network?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KTC0917
Reel Rookie

The router is 2.4 G and I get no prompt for name and password.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @KTC0917 

Thanks for the follow up regarding setting up your additional Roku Smart Home Camera.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the camera that you are having difficulty setting up. After factory resetting your Roku Smart Home device, we would recommend first connecting the Roku Smart Home mobile app to the wireless network, then trying to activate and setup your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KTC0917
Reel Rookie

Danny, Multiple attempt but still couldn't get the second camera recognized by the Spectrum router. First camera connected to ATT just fine but not with Spectrum the second time around. Giving up on this one.

0 Kudos