Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Smart home capable of PIP?

Jump to solution

I am wondering if it is possible to PIP (Picture in Picture) a ROKU camera to a ONN Roku Smart TV? In order to view the camera at the front door, will you have to exit out of a currently viewed app and open a camera app? Before I buy the ROKU camera, I want to know if I can see the image from the cam in a small PIP window while watching a movie or TV show.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Is Smart home capable of PIP?

Jump to solution

@crestlineuser 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Smart Home doorbells do not offer Picture in Picture when viewed on a Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@crestlineuser 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Smart Home doorbells do not offer Picture in Picture when viewed on a Roku TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ranlar

Jump to solution

I selected Roku Smart Home Cameras and got rid of my other brand of cameras. One weakness I found is having to change back and forth between cameras. Most video camera systems allow you to split the screen and view more than one camera. Also, another ability to watch my Smart Home Cameras on a computer with an application. I fully understand that you may fear losing profit; however, you can charge for a "dongle" that prevents piracy and sell the dongle. Please consider. 

0 Kudos
swirsguy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There is a pop up picture if someone rings the doorbell while your watching something else. but not for just motion.

0 Kudos