Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Floodlight Cam Offline Code 90

Jump to solution

Experienced first Floodlight Cam Offline Code 90 error.  Unable to view from SmartHome app or livestream via Roku connected devices using Cameras channel.  Coincidentally, the lights had remained on and would not go off. (not sure if this is an indicator of the error or if the camera went offline while the lights were on, though I assume the latter).  No amount of rebooting or restarting cameras from settings resolved this error.  You will likely need to deprive the camera of power for a few seconds to reset this error and gain connection again. (I left disconnected for 30 seconds).  

Different methods depending on setup. (30 second disconnect)

• Turn off the light switch associated with the Floodlight Cam.
  • If no light switch, flip the associated breaker/fuse associated with the Floodlight Cam circuit.
  • If you do not know breaker circuit, then disconnect neutral wire (white) at the wiring. (if correctly wired, neutral is not "hot" and has no power so you should not receive any shocks.  Wear a glove if you are concerned, or better yet, use a non-contact voltage tester pen to confirm).

----

The Floodlight cam automatically connected back to the network after receiving power again (I went with the neutral wire method since my breaker box is in back of house and the labels have worn off).  I did not have to go through the setup again or press setup button on camera. 

Looks like I will be adding a switch to this circuit and labeling my breaker box this spring.  I have a feeling this will not be my only code 90 error.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar

Re: Floodlight Cam Offline Code 90

Jump to solution

@arholmes 

I had the missing floodlight icon (on/off light toggle symbol) once before.  I didn't lose the camera feed though when that occured.  Uninstalling the SmartHome app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the SmartHome app fixed that issue for me.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
arholmes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am getting this same error but only when I try to watch live video telling me the camera is offline. The funny thing is that the camera still records events that I can watch but I have lost the ability to turn the lights on using app because the icon is now missing.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@arholmes 

I had the missing floodlight icon (on/off light toggle symbol) once before.  I didn't lose the camera feed though when that occured.  Uninstalling the SmartHome app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the SmartHome app fixed that issue for me.  

0 Kudos