Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabby480
Binge Watcher

Can not set up new outdoor wireless Roku camera

Jump to solution

I can not even set up my new Roku outdoor wireless camera. The blue light just keeps blinking, never hooking up with the Wi-Fi. I bought this directly from Roku and need to know how to send it back. I use the Roku for my tv so l thought for sure their camera would work. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can not set up new outdoor wireless Roku camera

Jump to solution

Is the blue light on both the base station and camera flashing?  I had all kinds of trouble getting my camera to initially pair, but I can't remember exactly what the solution was.  I do remember pushing and holding various buttons and then lights started flashing and something said, "Pairing in process" or something like that.  It scared the **bleep** out of me.  It failed multiple times and then finally connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is the blue light on both the base station and camera flashing?  I had all kinds of trouble getting my camera to initially pair, but I can't remember exactly what the solution was.  I do remember pushing and holding various buttons and then lights started flashing and something said, "Pairing in process" or something like that.  It scared the **bleep** out of me.  It failed multiple times and then finally connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Gabby480
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. After trying to set the camera up again, I watched the video along while I was doing it and that helped. I finally did get it set up. It took a few times to pair, and for the update to go through, but it did finally. Now I just have wait until my husband gets it hooked up outside and it’s good to go. 

0 Kudos
Sasgant

Jump to solution

How long do you hold synch buttons to get pairing

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sasgant,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about setting up your Roku camera. You can press the sync button on your base station and outdoor camera for about 3 seconds or so. To be better assisted, please check out this support article on how to setup your Roku Outdoor Camera SE.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos